Alison Goldfrapp - The Love Reinvention

Nearly nine months from now seems like quite a large gap for what looks like a relatively small tour. I wonder if she'll be able to flesh out the live band by then.

For those who didn't watch the video, she said she was also working on bringing the tour to the U.S.

The dancers feel so... tacked on and incidental. It's like a couple of (no doubt, talented) students from the local university's dance school wandered on stage, liked the beat and decided to improvise some movement. But, I felt that way about the dancers in the Silver Eye era, too. It was a distraction from, not a support to Alison (who is captivating enough on stage.)

The last time I think she/they had dancers that worked was the Supernature era. The strangely sexy bikini clad "wolf ladies" during Train, the wonderfully weird all latex 'pod women' during Slide In, the marching majorettes-go-to-an-Eyes-Wide-Shut party during Satin Chic, the tasseled fly girls during Strict Machine. That worked.

Alison said she penned the lyrics from the perspective of a teenager whose lover “transcended”, but could swear someone on here interpreted as being about her mother? Regardless, “In Electric Blue” is probably one of the most “impactful” songs she’s released, and personally it ranks quite high (Top 15?) in her overall discography, but then I’d rate most (if not all) of the album alongside it.

This will just inch out Jake’s album as best of the year.

Last edited:
he/him
Alison said she penned the lyrics from the perspective of a teenager whose lover “transcended”, but could swear someone on here interpreted as being about her mother?
I wrote something like that.

The lyrics definitely sound like something about her mother, especially the bridge:
Looking at the sky
All the way up there to the stars
I know, know you can hear me
All the way out there

The current vignette is the last one. I love all of them. I would prefer real videos but they still do a good job and she looks amazing.

I was iffy on the AI visualizers but I’m very on board with them now the more I see them. The In Electric Blue one kind of feels like New Order‘s Technique cover updated for 2023.

I still don't like them. They just look cheap and unimaginative to me.

I've really enjoyed them, but I'm not a huge fan of this new one for In Electric Blue. In the prior ones Alison, the human being, was still coming through. She's just so glossy and artificial in this latest one. Which is slightly ironic since this is possibly the most emotionally direct song on the album.

I don't mind the vignettes. I just wish she had done one proper music video. I know she was probably working with little to no budget but it would've been nice. She could've used all the budget and went balls to the wall with a video for Gatto Gelato.