Alizée - General Discussion | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

Alizée - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by ferragus, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Because of her dance school maybe?

Does anyone know the significance of the big high heel shoe on the "Mes Courantes Electriques" album cover? I know Mylene came up with the album cover concept so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a deeper meaning (Alizee is the old woman who lived in the shoe...).

The shoe also seems to have inspired Eurovision's Silvia Night...

2. I think it comes from the chorus for 'J'ai pas vingt ans', it mentions high heels.

The Rural Juror likes this.
  3. Thanks you're right (talons aiguilles) and I feel slightly stupid now...

Vasilios likes this.
  4. Island

Island Staff Member

Psychédélices is on (American) streaming!!!

berserkboi, zephyr and YourLeadSinger like this.
  5. It is everywhere now, indeed.

Shitty quality of the sound though.

TMI and zephyr like this.
  6. Not available for purchase though (I can’t find it streaming on Amazon either). What was the issue with this album anyways, why did it seem to disappear shortly after release?

7. Island

Island Staff Member

She was back on that Polish program a few months ago:

8. Une enfant du siècle is now also on streaming and it sounds like they've uploaded its own LQ leak from Limewire or something. I'm also cackling at them slapping her old logo onto the cover, she cannot escape the grip of her first two albums nn.

neinzedd and zephyr like this.
  9. It says it's copyright Grand Central, as does Psychédélices - presumably that's her own company and she bought the rights to them? Funny that she's not using her old holding company Wisteria Song anymore if so.

Regardless, the album finally being on streaming is pop justice. Her finest moment!

Physical, zephyr and neinzedd like this.
  10. I was obsessed with that album and Les Collines is a lost classic in my book. To this day I still fail to understand why it is so underrated.

11. La Candida is really one of my five favourite songs ever. I remember the night the album leaked: I listened to it on repeat about 90 times.

I am not even joking.

Island likes this.
  12. I can’t find the source right now, but when Psychedelices got online she said it wasn’t her or her team behind it. If the sound quality is still bad for Une Enfant du Siècle that’s probably the same person. It’s so weird.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  13. Lots of people it seems since they're sold out... and I'm late to the party! Would love to buy Gourmandises!

14. "Her team" haha.

Island, Inky and The Rural Juror like this.
  15. Island

Island Staff Member

Annily “<3”

Larsen likes this.
  16. ssa likes this.
  17. Looks like une enfant du siècle has been removed again…

18. I blame Mylène or Julia...

zephyr likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.