All Hail Shep Pettibone! | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

All Hail Shep Pettibone!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Bleu Noir, Jun 14, 2014.

1. This. A perfect pair they were.

Eric Generic likes this.
  2. Never knew he remixed All We Got on Michael McDonald's 1990 album Take It From The Heart and very good it is too.

Eric Generic likes this.
  3. Great album. Didn't deserve to flop.

4. Bought it on both your recommendations, thanks!

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. One day I'll look into the backstory to that album, because I think some shenanigans went on...it was originally called Lonely Talk and scheduled for a 1989 release. Warners were messing around with a lot of acts/albums at that time,cancelling/refusing albums presented to them, and in 1990 chose to launch most of their releases without a lead single (Fleetwood Mac, Aztec Camera, Robert Plant, Pretenders, Michael McDonald) so there were some odd strategies floating around the label.

Blaahh and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  6. Been listening to his various remixes alot lately. This man was a genius.

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. He must have been a polisher in a past life:

8. Great stuff.

9. This insinuates the original was a turd? Tsk!

Bleu Noir likes this.
  10. Tsk x2. Fine song.

trussy74 and Eric Generic like this.
  11. This slays me:

idratherjack and Bleu Noir like this.
  12. Yep!

13. Managed to find the CD on eBay for £2.70, Discogs doesnt even have a CD single listed. Odd! I will update!

Bleu Noir and Eric Generic like this.
  14. The Shep mix is the album version. I think Warners were trying to jazz up the album, having rejected it initially. So getting Shep to remix some tracks was one tactic.

15. There's a monthly club I go to (well, did in pre Covid days of yore) in Liverpool called Sonic Yootha and a guy who occasionally DJs there played this mix a couple of months ago and it went down a storm. The place is a mix of an older crowd and club kids who love the pretention-less atmosphere.

16. Proof that Shep Pettibone can still make people bop.

17. The link a few pages back no longer works so just reposting this, Top 5 Shep?

18. One word. Yes.

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. A few of my favourites

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.