All Important Single Edits On CD | Page 176 | The Popjustice Forum

All Important Single Edits On CD

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by simes1970, Sep 11, 2013.

1. girafkesmanneke, stecov and 80s like this.
  2. 80s

80s

Thanks Deborah.It's crazy to think the single edit of one of the biggest songs of the 80's is not widely available on cd.

3. Up to a point. It may be down to why it was quickly replaced with the more common 5.11 version.
    Perhaps the band weren't happy with it for some reason??

Blaahh, girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  4. 80s

80s

Yes you could be right about that. They never liked the single version of My Own Way. They never play it live or use it on there Own compilations.

girafkesmanneke and stecov like this.
  5. It's very annoying though when artists try to rewrite history....

It may explain why it wasn't on the deluxe CD of the album?

girafkesmanneke, CDMCLP and 80s like this.
  6. 80s

80s

Yes O.M.D. we're guilty of that with a different album version of Tesla Girls on the deluxe cd of Junk Culture.

7. I think the album version of My Own Way is a big improvement. Still should be included more though.

girafkesmanneke, Eric Generic and 80s like this.
  8. Does anyone know whether the original single mix of M/A/R/R/S Pump Up The Volume (with Roadblock sample) is available on CD anywhere?

girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  9. In 35 years I had never noticed that sample was missing from the versions I have on CD!

I know that track so well I had to dig my out my old cassette recording of the chart from October 1987 to prove to myself I didn't imagine the Roadblock sample. It was there in the 7" version played on the radio.

I have checked my LP of NOW 10 and the sample is omitted from that version. It is not on the Telstar Greatest Hits Of 1987 CD. I will have to check all my other CDs now.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  10. I guess it's unlikely to be anywhere on CD, as SAW would have put the block in too fast for anything other than the early 7" and 12" copies.

Maybe the OST of Bright Lights Big City? But probably not.

burntoutcar, 80s and girafkesmanneke like this.
  11. I think Bright Lights Big City would be the US version with even more samples missing.

girafkesmanneke, 80s and Eric Generic like this.
  12. Irony, as that team stole wholesale parts of others’ songs if they liked the riff.

13. Oh oh I'm trapped.... (ahem).

14. 80s

80s

Does any know the correct U.K. single length of Mick Jackson Weekend.

girafkesmanneke likes this.
  15. girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  16. Yes I bought it purely for that track.

17. The correct length of the actual 45 is 3:32. All CDs with the 45 version seem to dump the song several seconds too soon. I can't remember now if it's an actual edit of the LP version, or just an early fade.

80s likes this.
  18. 80s

80s

Thanks Stevov.I have a 3:27 version on 100 Hits Disco Classics which would be the closest single mix on cd.

girafkesmanneke likes this.
  19. Perhaps it's not been helped by the fact the UK 45 of Africa by Toto has no time on the label, but most releases with the single version match the US 45 (4:19 with the start of the LP intro missing).

The UK 45 is 3:54 and has the full LP intro. I've discovered I have just 1 CD with this UK 45 version on. 25 Years Of Rock N Roll 1983 on the Connoisseur label.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    nlgbbbblth, girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.