All Important Single Edits On CD | Page 178 | The Popjustice Forum

All Important Single Edits On CD

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by simes1970, Sep 11, 2013.

1. ??

girafkesmanneke likes this.
  2. I'm pretty certain they're the same. I bought the original 12" of Last Christmas, with ESW on the flip, and it was the 5.08 album mix. In Jan 1985, Epic flipped the single, gave it a new sleeve and put the remixed ESW as the A-side.

girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  3. 80s

80s

Thanks Eric.I just compared the Two versions and they sound the same to me also.
    I have the 5:28 single remix on this cd single.
    https://www.discogs.com/release/304053-Wham-George-Michael-Andrew-Ridgely-Last-Christmas

4. 80s

80s

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  5. girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  6. 80s and girafkesmanneke like this.
  7. Oh, so it is (well, judging by the run time)...that might be a cheaper way to get it.

80s and girafkesmanneke like this.
  8. 80s

80s

I completely forgot about that Last Christmas Soundtrack.It should be a cheaper option.

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. 80s

80s

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  10. girafkesmanneke, Eric Generic and 80s like this.
  11. 80s

80s

I purchased cd 7 just before the new Madonna cd was announced but it's good to have this rare mix on cd just incase they make a mess of this new cd ( but hopefully they won't).

girafkesmanneke and Eric Generic like this.
  12. I assumed Holiday was easily available, fascinating thank you.

girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  13. I sold one of my kidneys years ago to get the Japanese singles box set..

What worries me is Holiday appears to be longer than the 45 on this new release, so they obviously haven't just used the original single master here. I'll have to get it for Open Your Heart though. I believe it's the UK single version if you remove the first part of the intro and fade a bit earlier? Doubtful the UK length will ever make it to CD now, especially as it was only on a promo 45 in the US.

14. 80s

80s

Hopefully Madonna's Debut album will get the Deluxe treatment.It would be great if the rare single edit of Borderline and the never on cd single edit of Lucky Star would be included.

15. 80s

80s

Does anyone know the correct U.K. Single lenght of Dee D. Jackson Automatic Lover.

16. It's 4.09. There are at least 2 versions on CD with completely different endings.
    The correct 45 version is on the compilation "Ultimate Disco Party".

girafkesmanneke, lob0to and 80s like this.
  17. 80s

80s

Thanks Stecov.I have that cd for the correct mix of the Voyage song.

18. I’ve read the Single Version of Sound Of The Crowd by ver (Human) League is rarely found. Could the experts consult their databases please and indicate where it could be found please? Thanks!

19. Pretty sure ‘Sound of the crowd’ single version is on the ‘All The Best’ compilation from 2012.

girafkesmanneke, Blaahh and 80s like this.
  20. On the 2003 Very Best Of too, by the looks of it. If the 4.05 version is the one.

(Discogs doesn't seem to agree).

girafkesmanneke, Blaahh and 80s like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.