All Important Single Edits On CD | Page 180 | The Popjustice Forum

All Important Single Edits On CD

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by simes1970, Sep 11, 2013.

1. My info on this is that the remixed 1986 Top 20 version is 3.52 and can be found on a PolyGram compilation "Teenage Kicks" from the mid 90's. A friend of mine tells me it's also on a compilation "Blast From Your Past", but I don't have that CD to verify it for sure.

girafkesmanneke, Eric Generic and 80s like this.
  2. 80s

80s

Thanks Stecov.I bought that Teenage Kicks cd last year for the single edit of the Graham Parker song.

girafkesmanneke likes this.
  3. There are quite a few 3.52/3.53 versions on Sony-licensed compilations (Movies, 80s etc), Looks like Pop Years: 1986 has it too, I'll get my copy out later to check.

humanracer, girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  4. girafkesmanneke, 80s and Eric Generic like this.
  5. 80s

80s

Does anyone know if the correct single version of Karen Young Hot Shot is on cd.I just bought a cd that matched the single length but is the wrong mix.

6. I've yet to find the UK single version of Hot Shot on CD. Incidentally, the label time of 3.18 is wrong, it's actually 3.10.

girafkesmanneke and 80s like this.
  7. 80s

80s

Thanks Stecov.That saves me a bit of money buying more wrong versions on cd.

8. I can't recall where my copy came from now. If it was possible, it's most likely an edit of a longer version to match the UK 45. If not, it might even be from vinyl. Disco edits are notoriously problematic on CD.

9. 80s

80s

Yeh there is still a lot of Disco single edits missing. Examples would be.
    Narada Michael Walden Tonight I'm Alright
    Tony Rallo And The Midnite Band Holding On
    Space Magic Fly.

girafkesmanneke and stecov like this.
  10. I'll have to check Narada, not sure if I've ever looked into that one.
    Definitely no Tony Rallo (either side) or Space on CD. All 45s of Space have a completely wrong time on the label as well.

11. I'm glad you mentioned Narada. Turns out my only CD copy is over 5 minutes long.
    I've received a copy of the 45 version which is probably an edit of this as it still ends cold.
    Plays 3.10.

12. 80s

80s

Yes I had a good search for that Narada song and I could not find the edit on cd.

girafkesmanneke and stecov like this.
  13. I just found out that most versions of Debbie Gibson’s ‘Only In My Dreams’ on CD are the album mix and not the 7” mix, the differences are very subtle. Just ordered the Cherry Pop Out Of The Blue deluxe for the (vocal) mix.

14. The Wounded Bird A's and B's compilation has the 45 version as well, but not sure if it's still in print.

15. Has this 7'' version of Stacey Q's ''We Connect'' ever found its way on to CD, folks? Don't think it's included on the forthcoming ''Better Than Heaven'' deluxe...

16. Anyone know where the original version of Driza Bone's 'Real love' can be sourced? Not the re-vocalled version, but the 91 mix.

17. Those Hed Kandi 'Back To Love' comps are fairly good for old classics like these.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.