All Saints - General Discussion | Page 272 | The Popjustice Forum

All Saints - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jonny Prez, Oct 13, 2006.

1. I think that would’ve been an awesome double a-side, and had they followed up Black Coffee with this, I think potential number one.

2. I would like to hear the complete Glorious demo (I don't know why they deleted this verse, it's great and it's "the best part" to K-Gee):

larzy, acl, sinner and 6 others like this.
  3. I asked K-Gee before about unreleased tracks and demos and perhaps uploading them to his Instagram for the fans. He seemed pretty up for it but then later said that the girls weren't really wanting stuff like that to be shared.

Rafa_el and AllSinner like this.
  4. As much as I loved Testament as an album I hope if they do release a 6th album it has one or two songs written by one of the other girls, Shaz is a great songwriter but I like the songs some of the other girls write.

I know they are probably using the stronger material but the other three have proven they can write too.

5. I agree. One of the reasons I enjoy Studio 1 so much is because they all had a hand in the songwriting (as they have done with other albums but seemed like it was more during the first reunion).

6. Yeah I really love Appleton penned tracks tbh. But Shaznay wrote After All and just for that I'm eternally grateful

7. Island

Island Staff Member

I'd love more Natalie written tracks. Or if Mel and Nic can have a laugh in the studio together and come up with a song, I'd be down ddd.

8. They all seem to be posting a lot of stuff on their Instagrams recently about missing one another etc. So I think this could easily lead to them longing to get back into the studio sooner rather than later. Plus it's just really sweet to see how much love they have for each other.

Rafa_el, claire_louise and AllSinner like this.
  9. I would love to hear "Wonderful World" that Natalie has written with Ian Dench and Amanda Ghost. I really love "Flashback".

I agree, I would love the other girls to be more involved in album #6 if there is another one...

10. Especially when you look at the quality of some of the tracks the other girls have written/co-written on in the past:

Mel: Trapped, I Feel You, Ha Ha, Scar, Too Nasty (with Nicole), Who Hurt Who
    Appleton: Heaven, War of Nerves, (Just Natalie): Dreams, Flashback, (Nicole with Mel): Too Nasty

Rafa_el and Saintsfan like this.
  11. Not really feeling Testament. Did many people prefer this over Red Flag?

12. I think it's their weakest album, but still really solid. Red Flag is lightyears stronger/more varied in my opinion.

londonrain, Slamb and AllSinner like this.
  13. Red Flag is generally regarded as their best album but there's a lot of love for Testament, too.

londonrain, Burzum and AllSinner like this.
  14. Red Flag is stellar and Testament has brilliant moments. I still think all their comeback albums (including Studio 1) are overall better than the first two. Obviously the first two have all the classics but the fillers aren't as strong as on the last 3 IMO

15. Also, really digging this remix

What do people think?

Holly Something and AllSinner like this.
  16. I think it's great.

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Great job Express.co.uk

upload_2020-8-19_15-3-14.png

zacagay, Island, acl and 9 others like this.
  18. Red flag is perfection. testament, while having some great moments, was a let down.

londonrain, etienne and Larsen like this.
  19. Testament is stronger than Red Flag, for me.

They’re both impeccable records though, and a shining example of how a nostalgia act can return to form without losing the spark that made them huge in the first place.

20. While Red Flag is a superior album in my opinion, Testament is far from a let down.

Red Flag
    All Saints
    Testament
    Studio 1
    Saints & Sinners

Edit: Testament cover, however, was a let down.

londonrain and Saintsfan like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.