All Saints - General Discussion | Page 277 | The Popjustice Forum

All Saints - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jonny Prez, Oct 13, 2006.

1. I suspect William Orbit tracks were costly straight after Ray Of Light. And I wouldn't put it past Madonna to not allow more dd.

2. I find it a little odd Shaznay felt time pressure so much as there was a full 3 year gap between albums. Whilst I know the debut campaign did run some time, I always suspected there was either writers block or record company politics going on. From memory I recall both Distance and Ready, Willing & Able being debuted live waaaaaay before Pure Shores so maybe it wasn’t until Orbit came onboard the album was classed as ready to go?

bonnieetclyde and Island like this.
  3. The Shaz interview is so nice.

Holly Something likes this.
  4. I loved the Shaznay interview and agree that the second album is underwhelming. It passed by me at the time although I had the debut, but I got it years later and have barely listened to it. Meanwhile the albums they've done since their 2006 reunion are all really strong.

5. True but it was so lazy

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  6. Lazy yes but the result was fantastic thankfully.

7. I prefer the second album to the first, always go back to it.

larzy, BlaBlaGuy, Burzum and 3 others like this.
  8. You're missing out then.

9. Well Never Ever became a hit in America and that always derailed campaigns / careers back then.

10. i actually bought it in 2002, not bad!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

one of my favorite albums ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2020
  11. I need a new album.

Rafa_el, Slamb, jawow_ and 5 others like this.
  12. I gave Studio 1 a few spins recently.

Not a big fave of mine but I appreciated it more.

On and On should've been single 2.

13. I love Scar.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020

14. Just had a look through my Last.fm and this is one of my top played tracks of the last few years. It's weirdly soothing and frantic at the same time?

YOU'VE GOT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

15. I love "Scar" and "One Me & U", even if there were only two singles from Studio 1, they were really generous witt the b-sides.

Rafa_el, bonnieetclyde and BlaBlaGuy like this.
  16. 'Love Lasts Forever' and 'After All' are both amazing!

I like the videos too...

17. If 'After All' had been released in 2001/2, it would have been a massive number 1 and be the timeless classic it deserves! Still glad we got it when we did though.

acl, claire_louise, Rafa_el and 9 others like this.
  18. I've just realized the three Appleton videos are on Youtube at last:

Island, Nephilim, Saintsfan and 10 others like this.
  19. Oh nice. Haven't actually watched those for years! What an album! Still don't think 'Everything Eventually' was the best single choice though...

AlmostFamous, _Gru_ and AllSinner like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.