All Saints - Red Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
The album has plummeted in the midweek. It's currently at #20. That's bad news :( Obviously it sold well enough to go Top 3 in the first week but it looks like unless you're a massive All Saints fans (who went out and bought the album straight away), there isn't much interest for them this time either. I just hope they make enough to continue to release music in the future. I mean, if Melanie C, V V Brown and the likes get to continue to release music despite a strong lack of chart success, I hope All Saints do too, and touring and everything else... (I know they are random artists as a comparison but it's the only two I can think of right now but you know what I mean, hehe).

The Pet Shop Boys similarly plummeted last week 3-20 and looks like The Lumineers will too. I'm glad it hasn't dropped further than #20 so far and come for Christina's record set by Bionic dropping out of the Top 3 (although that was a #1 album) - that would probably receive negative media attention but other than that no one will really care as like PSB they have become a 'heritage' act sustained by their fanbase. They are also pretty much on their own label so they won't get dropped. This isn't a Studio 1 situation. The fact that the album got to #3 is a feat in itself - unless you're Adele/Bieber/Sia/Rihanna/Jess Glynne or Little Mix at the moment in the UK your album won't stay in the Top 10 more than a week. Even Zayn managed to avoid a drop out of the Top 10 in his second week by the skin of his teeth.

Last edited:
The Pet Shop Boys similarly plummeted last week 3-20 and looks like The Lumineers will too. I'm glad it hasn't dropped further than #20 so far and come for Christina's record set by Bionic dropping out of the Top 3 (although that was a #1 album) - that would probably receive negative media attention but other than that no one will really care as like PSB they have become a 'heritage' act sustained by their fanbase. They are also pretty much on their own label so they won't get dropped. This isn't a Studio 1 situation. The fact that the album got to #3 is a feat in itself - unless you're Adele/Bieber/Sia/Rihanna/Jess Glynne or Little Mix at the moment in the UK your album won't stay in the Top 10 more than a week. Even Zayn managed to avoid a drop out of the Top 10 in his second week by the skin of his teeth.

Yeah, if any popqueen says "zOMG biggest drop for a #3 album" they deserve to be laughed out of the room. It's like saying Kelly Rowland is the artist with the most #113-peaking hits of all time and being proud of that.

More obvious than predictable. It can't be stated enough

I genuinely don't hear what you hear. I'm not saying this as Shaznay's biggest fan - I think she is overused on this album and one of the Appletons could probably have done just as good a job of that verse - but I think she sounds great nonetheless. It's obviously a different style for her and not what we're used to hearing, but she's perfectly in tune and her tone is lovely.

I genuinely don't hear what you hear. I'm not saying this as Shaznay's biggest fan - I think she is overused on this album and one of the Appletons could probably have done just as good a job of that verse - but I think she sounds great nonetheless. It's obviously a different style for her and not what we're used to hearing, but she's perfectly in tune and her tone is lovely.

I agree that she's overused on the record and I'm glad you enjoy the song. It's odd because she also sings with a high falsetto in Fear and it's one of the tracks that I enjoy the most

I just happen to think that her vocals in Summer Rain are cringeworthy. I've given myself enough chances to get into it and I end up despising it more each time, and that had never happened to me before

I agree that she's overused on the record and I'm glad you enjoy the song. It's odd because she also sings with a high falsetto in Fear and it's one of the tracks that I enjoy the most

I just happen to think that her vocals in Summer Rain are cringeworthy. I've given myself enough chances to get into it and I end up despising it more each time, and that had never happened to me before
Weird! I find 'Summer Rain' to be the best thing on the album. Especially the last 30 seconds or so.

Some random member posted recently that he asked them about b-sides and they said the tracks they released were the best ones but I'm not sure I agree.

Maybe they were the best ones for the concept they were going for but I'm sure some of the unreleased demos and songs they have recorded over the years are a thousand times better

Last edited:

I completely agree. She sounds lovely. There is NO issue with her vocals on this track. Quite the contrary actually.

Summer Rain is wonderful!

The album gets better with every listen, I think this time they split the vocals more evenly than ever, there's still Shaz in the front but there's less Mel so there's more room for Nat and Nic, which is a good thing considering how Mel's voice has deteriorate (It's still beautiful but not as sweet/angelical as it used to be)
My favourite tracks at the moment are Make you love me which keeps getting better and the one-two punch of Ratchet behaviour and Red Flag.
I'm super happy about their #3 album position, thats a huge achievement for them taking into consideration that they've been out of the game for almost 10 years, so no matter where it charts now its a success in my eyes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.