All Saints - Red Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of incredible debut forum post is this?! (Shame it's not better news, though.)

Welcome to the All Saints thread. Land of joy and eternal hope. (As opposed to, say, certain other girlband threads, where the waiting has just driven everyone to despair...)

Sad to say I've just creeped on the forum for years.

They were utterly fantastic. I'm from the USA so I assumed this was the kind of opportunity only the British dreamed of. I complimented Melanie on her ability to remember all of the lyrics from the nights show. Her response..."I've gotten so much better!" - I also informed Shaznay and Nicole that my email address in high school was WhoopinOverYou @ [terrible email provider] . com. That got a giggle. I also told them my first imported album was Saints & Sinners and I still dream of the glittery pink slipcase.

The overall feeling was completely positive about the future. I told them I must be a weird 31 year old to still obsessively follow them like I do. Melanie's response was "Imagine how weird we are to be in our 40s and doing this!" -- but such joy between the 4 of them.

15 minutes of pure heaven.

D

Deleted member 5343

2018 it is then. Which is fine. Perhaps it will roll out similarly to One Strike (February) / Red Flag (April)?

I simply could not believe how amazing One Strike/Red Flag was when they released both. I want them to continue for at least another 2 albums. But if it ends here, I'm happy because they delivered one of the best albums in my collection.

What I find fascinating also is the fact that if you listen to all of their singles from I Know Where It's At to One Woman Man, all the songs feel cohesive despite it being 20 years apart. It's quite amazing how they evolve but remain true to their sound throughout their singles discography.

I think this is because they managed to release strong singles and despite being a pop band, they avoid cheesy lyrics/beats in (most) of their songs.

D

Deleted member 5343

They have such great vocal harmonies too. The Appletons, although seen as the underdogs during the early years, really did help elevate their sound with their backing vocals.

D

Deleted member 3416

I feel like they are being perfectionists which is a good thing, as long as they don't start saying "soon" like a certain other girl group when asked about new music.

Status
Not open for further replies.