All Saints

Oh, I think she answered the question.

Actually, I'm very excited for solo Shaznay. All that talent and the only people she needs to share it with now aren't her bandmates, but her fans. I can't wait.
Interesting take. Let's not downplay the importance of Mel, Nic and Nat in All Saints though. The band would not have been what it was without all those involved, regardless of how talented Shaznay is as a songwriter.

Interesting take. Let's not downplay the importance of Mel, Nic and Nat in All Saints though. The band would not have been what it was without all those involved, regardless of how talented Shaznay is as a songwriter.
Agreed - their voices and presence make the group. I do hope once Shaznay gets this era done the ladies do at least one more album/tour. For me, despite my stanning of so many 90s girl groups, All Saints reign supreme. And perhaps controversial but I much prefer Natalie and Mel's vocals above Shaznays any day despite her critical contribution to so many of their hits in terms of writing and vocals.

Interesting take. Let's not downplay the importance of Mel, Nic and Nat in All Saints though.
No, not today, I'm sorry. Some All Saints fans have this thing where they feel like the rest of the group must be praised/uplifted/complimented whenever Shaznay is given any sort of flower for her talent and songwriting. Fans have been doing this for years. Then we usually have to hear how Mel's voice adds this or Appleton add that... I don't know if certain fans are insecure or just determined to see Shaznay not get any compliments for herself. I respect the rest of the group, I didn't say they added nothing, but likewise I'm also going to say this one time no, I'm giving Shaznay unqualified praise because I really think she deserves it. And yes, I can't wait to hear her new solo album because I think she's great, and deserves to be recognised for her talent without the cast of Honest being praised again.

Last edited:

So true. You also only have to go listen to Everything’s Eventual to see the talent the sisters brought to the table.

Just want to put it out there that I do actually adore Shaznay and think she’s hugely talented! Her response just doesn’t sit right with me, especially when the group were active with a huge tour slot coming up and more plans in the pipeline (vinyl reissues have seemingly been scrapped).

I wish her and the rest of the girls every success in what they do but I can’t see her album making any sort of noise currently, but I do think a lot of that is down to her splitting from Fascination and moving to a lesser capable (in terms of the pop world) management company. Time will tell!

No, not today, I'm sorry. Some All Saints fans have this thing where they feel like the rest of the group must be praised/uplifted/complimented whenever Shaznay is given any sort of flower for her talent and songwriting. Fans have been doing this for years. Then we usually have to hear how Mel's voice adds this or Appleton add that... I don't know if certain fans are insecure or just determined to see Shaznay not get any compliments for herself. I respect the rest of the group, I didn't say they added nothing, but likewise I'm also going to say this one time no, I'm giving Shaznay unqualified praise because I really think she deserves it. And yes, I can't wait to hear her new solo album because I think she's great, and deserves to be recognised for her talent without the cast of Honest being praised again.
I just find your tone completely off, sorry. You can praise someone without having to put others down or cast them aside.

I wish her and the rest of the girls every success in what they do but I can’t see her album making any sort of noise currently, but I do think a lot of that is down to her splitting from Fascination and moving to a lesser capable (in terms of the pop world) management company. Time will tell!
Why does it need to do anything though? I doubt very much that she is under any impression that she's going to sell much, and it doesn't sound like sales/money was the drive for this career move.

Why does it need to do anything though? I doubt very much that she is under any impression that she's going to sell much, and it doesn't sound like sales/money was the drive for this career move.

Fascination are exemplary pop management who understand the assignments they are given and do the absolute best they can with their pop acts. Everything I’ve seen so far from Shaznay’s current campaign (apart from the music) feels half-arsed and undercooked. It’s just my opinion and I understand not many will agree with me. I just can’t understand the decision to leave such a wonderful management team - but I’m now under the impression it was all part of the fall out as the Appleton sisters are still under them and have things in the pipe line.

I honestly am more frustrated by the fact that their albums were finally coming to vinyl but have been pulled! I’m unsure whether she has put some sort of block on them?

Staff member
Shaznay is creating great solo music and I'm so excited for her album, she deserves to do what she wants to do and if people are upset that someone's career wishes are stopping them from getting some vinyls they want then....sad? Dd. Girlband stans support girlband members without selfish motives challenge!

I’ve literally preordered her album and said the music is quality. I’m just pointing out my own personal issues with her album rollout and the way the group has been disbanded, it’s really not that deep. I support all of the girls and buy their material, go to their shows - always have done, always will do.

To suggest that the reason I have issues with Shaznay’s response to that question and her album rollout has ANYTHING to do with the colour of her skin is utterly abhorrent.

Shame on you for trying to imply that I’m racist, and shame on anybody who entertains that notion, simply because I don’t hold the same opinion as you all.

She kinda dances around the fact that it was her choice to disband the group, doesn't she?
That’s definitely the case! If you hear interviews from the Studio 1 era, Nicole makes it very clear that was Shaznay that called her to ask id she would join the band again. And Shaznay also mentioned that she thought about it for a few days before making that decision. It’s very clear she is “the boss” mainly because she does 99% of the writing. In the end of the day it’s her songs that make All Saints and she knows it ;)
And like someone else mentioned here, she had 20 years between only 5 AS albums to write different material. her answer on that paper was all PR training…. The fact is that they probably don’t even talk anymore (who saw Shaz posts of her sons bday party? Only Mel was there). For those who think social media don’t tell us much, get real… if they were friends Nic and Nat would be supporting (I mean by liking posts, reposting stories like Mel does) a friend that just decided to try a different road for a while…

I still think it's very odd that they didn't just wrap up the commitments they had and then go into their solo endeavours - they had all those festival/support slot performances lined up and then just cancelled it all.
They are not under the same management anymore. Shaz’s husband talent agency (or whatever that is) is managing her. I bet there was business conflict there at some point… I also noticed Nic and Nat posting pictures with their management team a couple times highlighting how amazing they are…

That’s definitely the case! If you hear interviews from the Studio 1 era, Nicole makes it very clear that was Shaznay that called her to ask id she would join the band again. And Shaznay also mentioned that she thought about it for a few days before making that decision. It’s very clear she is “the boss” mainly because she does 99% of the writing. In the end of the day it’s her songs that make All Saints and she knows it ;)
And like someone else mentioned here, she had 20 years between only 5 AS albums to write different material. her answer on that paper was all PR training…. The fact is that they probably don’t even talk anymore (who saw Shaz posts of her sons bday party? Only Mel was there). For those who think social media don’t tell us much, get real… if they were friends Nic and Nat would be supporting (I mean by liking posts, reposting stories like Mel does) a friend that just decided to try a different road for a while…
I honestly have no stake in their personal relationships, that is absolutely none of our business. I only wrote my previous post to highlight how things appear from my point of view.

I realize now that what I wrote kind of steered the topic in an unhealthy direction, so apologies. I am happy that we got several brilliant All Saints albums and am just as happy that we will be getting another Shaznay solo album.

As time passes, I’m sure they will be back together again, even if they’re not the best of friends.

Genuine question: would Shaz even have the power to derail any and all plans All Saints had? I know she's their main writer, but surely anniversary vinyl pressings was not a decision that could be decided by solely her?
It could be if they all have to sign off on those matters, that's the case with Spice Girls.

She/Her
To suggest that the reason I have issues with Shaznay’s response to that question and her album rollout has ANYTHING to do with the colour of her skin is utterly abhorrent.

Shame on you for trying to imply that I’m racist, and shame on anybody who entertains that notion, simply because I don’t hold the same opinion as you all.

My post wasn’t aimed at you, my apologies if it seemed that way. I responded to 2014’s correct post because in general terms, yes that’s what happens. However, I do think people consistently jumping to blame Shaznay about things that we do not know and assuming she is blocking things and breaking things up every time they group dynamics fall to the wayside is a problem. She’s continually painted by fans as the aggressor and that isn’t okay, as is her right to make the decisions she makes with her solo career that may be seen as missteps to some fans, but she’s choosing her path. When it comes to solo careers and All Saints, they have all pretty much been missteps.

I also think people lashing love on two members who oooh’d and voicemailed their way through the bands first two album cycles is incredibly diminishing of the force behind the band. That isn’t to say Nicole or Nat aren’t talented, their solo album is great, but they were virtually bookends through the peak of the bands career. I’m glad they bring more to the table now.

Last edited:
My post wasn’t aimed at you, my apologies if it seemed that way. I responded to 2014’s correct post because in general terms, yes that’s what happens. However, I do think people consistently jumping to blame Shaznay about things that we do not know and assuming she is blocking things and breaking things up every time they group dynamics fall to the wayside is a problem. She’s continually painted by fans as the aggressor and that isn’t okay, as is her right to make the decisions she makes with her solo career that may be seen as missteps to some fans, but she’s choosing her path. When it comes to solo careers and All Saints, they have all pretty much been missteps.

I also think people lashing love on two members who oooh’d and voicemailed their way through the bands first two album cycles is incredibly diminishing of the force behind the band. That isn’t to say Nicole or Nat aren’t talented, their solo album is great, but they were virtually bookends through the peak of the bands career. I’m glad they bring more to the table now.
You’re just making yourself look silly now so I won’t even bother picking apart your comments. Let’s move on.