Allie X

New interview. Queen of legs, weird eyes, and short torsos.
The cover of CollXtion II shows an adult Allie X with a dunce cap and literal pieces missing from her body, random blocks of herself scattered across the floor. “CollXtion II is about looking at your life and trying to put the pieces together of who are you now,” she explained to me before our shoot at loft in downtown Los Angeles. “It’s sort of a recognition of a lost identity and a reclamation of a new one. I don’t think I’ve reached that point yet but it’s the process.”
“I’ve always dressed and presented myself in a way — and I’m not unique in this — that covered up anything I was insecure about,” she admitted. “When it came to becoming a singer and a performer, it was about exaggerating everything that people liked or were attracted to. I wouldn’t call it a persona because I think it was also inside somewhere but now I can fully express that specific part of myself.”

“After hiding your body for so long, you figure out the best way to do it, right? [laughs]. You figure out what parts of your body you want to showcase, and what parts of your body you want to hide. In my case, I like to show my legs but hide my short torso. A part of the reason I like to wear sunglasses is because I feel like my eyes are a weird shape and now it’s grown into the concept of ‘X’.”
“I see so many female pop stars — not that I’m a pop star — and the message is always body confidence: be yourself, you’re beautiful the way you are. And I see my fans and I think that they’re beautiful — and I never think they should change anything about themselves. My message is that it’s fucking hard and we all have insecurities. I know what self hate feels like and let’s work through that together.”
“I’m a really big dreamer and I’m proud of that. I’m a fighter. I’m quite brave and quite bold. I have a really good sense of humor but I think the older I get I think I’m losing it. I’m really honest. Something I’ve learned being out in LA and having a team and being somewhat of a public figure is that you do need to be vocal — especially a woman. You can’t trust that other people knows best just because they’re older, have more money and more experience.”
“The world is awful and amazing and crazy and scary and beautiful and overwhelming and I feel confused by it but it’s ok. It’s about finding your own truth in that chaos.”
Allie_X_6_1600-970x1453.jpg
http://the-radical.com/2017/allie-x-collxtion-ii-interview/

he/him
Has anyone else just...not received their mint green vinyl yet? Mine dispatched on June 5th, supposedly, and MusicGlue didn't even give me a tracking number.

D

Deleted member 11565

Has anyone else just...not received their mint green vinyl yet? Mine dispatched on June 5th, supposedly, and MusicGlue didn't even give me a tracking number.
I'm still waiting on mine too, I'm waiting until the end of the week in case it's just being slow but considering MusicGlue's a 10 minute drive from me it's not looking good.

Which song is this? I didn't notice either.
The melody in chorus in Vintage is the same like in her leaked song, Sorry.

It's good to finally enjoy tracks in HQ and not vinyl and youtube rips, but new version of Habits still leave me cold. The original is superior one.

The melody in chorus in Vintage is the same like in her leaked song, Sorry.
Oh oop thanks. Why did I think you guys were talking about Madonna - Sorry.

Maybe I should listen to the original versions to see what all the hype is about.

Last edited:
Oh oop thanks. Why did I think you guys were taling about Madonna - Sorry.

Maybe I should listen to the original versions to see what all the hype is about.
I think I accidentally created this rumor - when I read here that she sampled "Sorry", I assumed it was the Madonna track.