Allie X | Page 294 | The Popjustice Forum

Allie X

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, Feb 4, 2014.

1. White people have unfortunately and unsurprisingly appropriated the term, much like all AAVE and slang derived from black and non-white communities. I didn't really realize it in the moment because I was more concerned about the dog, but the more I looked at his tweet, the more the language being used upset me.

Dijah., Amnesia, Wishlight and 17 others like this.
  2. And boom there goes the dynamite!

The most shocking part of all of this is that many of you seen to know who this person is. I've never heard of him but his Twitter is so annoying that I'd like to lock him in a hot car to be honest!!

Wishlight, stuaw, 1986 and 14 others like this.
  3. I was vaguely aware of Simon like, ten years ago. He’s always been annoying.

soratami and Euphoria like this.
  4. I also had no idea who this person was. Now I wish I didn’t waste the time looking at his Twitter or listening to one minute of one of his songs.

This is typical attention seeking behavior and there’s a different side to this story.

Euphoria and Ferk like this.
  5. I had to unfollow a while ago because him and his boyfriend were being weird with this kind of energy.

magictreehouse, Ferk and Euphoria like this.
  6. who the fuck would pre-save this? the delusion…

7. Yeah, regardless of what actually happened, it’s beyond embarrassing to be a clout chaser begging for streams under the guise of giving a damn about animal rights. Truly weirdo behavior.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Mikal, Wishlight, stuaw and 31 others like this.
  8. He's so pathetic...

stuaw, Lander, BubblegumBoy and 4 others like this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Not me clicking that link just to realize I've already blocked him in the past on the bird app

Dijah., Wishlight, stuaw and 22 others like this.
  10. I don't know what it is but I hate this tweet

Dijah., stuaw, 1986 and 18 others like this.
  11. Who the fuck is Pisces Groove? I just wanna know.

LGStan93 and Ferk like this.
  12. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Right?? Like obviously I'm not thrilled to hear of dogs (potentially) getting baked in the LA heat, but I really...don't have the energy to get outraged at this, especially now thingamajig has very blatantly attached an agenda to it. I like Allie's music a lot but she's not my friend - if it comes out that she was complicit in harming her pet then I'll be considerably less interested in her artistic output (though I'll still sneak the odd stream of Rings a Bell). The dog seems like it'll be okay either way, so like...can I go now?

Amnesia, stuaw, ohnostalgia and 22 others like this.
  13. I mean yeah, if she did leave her dog in the car on a hot day while she went shopping, that’s a shit thing to do.

But god Simon Curtis is just so bloody annoying. Unfollowed him ages ago on Twitter because his energy is just always so off.

Curious to see the developments of this because I definitely feel there’s more than meets the eye.

Ferk likes this.
  14. American Crime Story: Allie X

15. No, we all have to be Simon Curtis stans now. I'm sorry, that's just how this works.

Sarcasm aside, I don't think "cancellations" or whatever he's trying to do here is so black and white. I just don't believe in pitchfork angry mobs like he's trying to create. The dog is, I assume, fine now. We don't know what really happened and he provided more nonsense than actual proof. But I assume with all his nonsense, she's probably going to be more considerate to her pet going forward - as she has shown to be before this event - so do I really need to burn my stan card and hate her forever? Personally, no.

And I still think something is suspicious about this whole thing anyways. I would rather her not engage with this as it'd likely just become some weird Simon Vs Allie back and forth and he does not need attention.

Marquis, Wishlight, stuaw and 8 others like this.
  16. My only takeaway from this is that Allie has an iconic forehead.

Wishlight, stuaw, sesita and 24 others like this.
  17. There’s just no scenario to me where there right thing to do isn’t walk inside and make the store call for the owner to go get their dog if things really seemed that dire.

stuaw, ohnostalgia, Uno and 13 others like this.
  18. Did everyone try the Mistress Violet? I thought the Mistress Violet was lovely.

19. Yeah, whatever Allie did aside, Simon is embarrassing.

Wishlight, stuaw, sesita and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.