ALMA - Have U Seen Her? (Debut Album) | The Popjustice Forum

ALMA - Have U Seen Her? (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by MmmDani, Aug 29, 2018.

1. I’m surprised nobody else is talking about her here. Chasing Highs, Chit Chat and Knock are bops. I like her personality a lot. Have y’all been following her? I’m hyped for this

https://www.nme.com/news/music/alma-scary-debut-album-working-charli-xcx-lykke-li-halsey-2323617

Where would you say the album takes your sound from what we’ve heard so far?

“It’s definitely a big step for me. People are going to react and like ‘what is she doing now?’ It’s something different that I’ve never done and it’s the first time that I’ve been 100% behind what I want to do and be true to myself. As an artist, that can take time. Some don’t find it until their third album. I’m really happy that on my first album I’m like ‘oh fuck, this is it’. It’s a risky move for me, but everybody around me is supportive. I’m quite nervous.”

So you’ve gone quite far out of your comfort zone?

“Yes – musicwise, melodywise, everything. I try not to think about any pressure or anything. I just want to focus on what makes me feel good. This is my whole identity. The first single that is coming soon is the best song I’ve ever done, or can ever do. It’s just 100% me.”

Lyrically, what are you dealing with on the album?

“I don’t want to reveal too much, because if I reveal the whole title you’re going to be like ‘oh, I get it’. It’s all about what it’s like to be a woman and the struggles I’ve gone through to become who I am now. It’s about breaking the rules as an artist and a young person. I’m not a typical pop star. It’s very scary, but I can’t be anything else.”

Edit:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/alma-unleashes-video-die-announces-debut-album-seen-2441778
    “As an artist, that can take time. Some don’t find it until their third album. I’m really happy that on my first album I’m like ‘oh fuck, this is it’. It’s a risky move for me, but everybody around me is supportive. I’m quite nervous.”

http://diymag.com/2019/02/01/alma-a...have-you-seen-her-shares-new-track-when-i-die
    “Set for release on 5th April via PME, the record will be her first studio effort following last year’s ‘Heavy Rules’ mixtape.“

Singles so far:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dmbItlMJiw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8hOnrtcohkI

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Island, Jersey, BrokenHearts and 2 others like this.
  2. This will never be released.

thefaceofyou, Mr.Arroz, D_ni and 10 others like this.
  3. Where is the evidence to support that? Everything else she’s released has been reasonably successful for her. I don’t see a reason why trying a full length album wouldn’t be a great idea

4. For a second I thought this thread was about the French Alma hehehe

5. Here for it. Fake Gucci is still amazing.

6. I thought that was one of the weaker tracks from Heavy Rules. Back2U is the worst imo, but it is t bad. Chit Chat, Dance For Me and Legend are certified bangers tho

Yuri likes this.
  7. Her album has been in the making for a LONG time, but I do think it’s really coming out this time. Unless they turn it into another damned EP...

Meanwhile she’s been featuring on so many songs it’s almost hard to keep up. Love the Years & Years one especially. Tove Lo’s Bitches goes without saying, but that’s a bit too packed with people.

sesita, nooniebao, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  8. I think the only feature I’m not here for is the Black Car one. I love all the DJ collaborations (All Stars, Bonfire and Don’t You Feel It), I hope those keep coming

Disco Blister and Ferk like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

All Stars is lowkey her best song - it goes all the way off! Good Times is cool too.

Disco Blister and MmmDani like this.
  10. She’s just been getting better and better so I have high hopes for this, whenever it’s out.

11. Legend is embarrassing but her mixtape/EP was promising.

12. I’ve used the EP way more than I expected (although yes, ‘Legend’ is an absolute abomination. Hopefully that’s not the ‘surprising’ direction she’s moving in) Almost everything she’s put out has been pretty good and consistent. I’m eager to hear something new from her, although I seriously doubt an album will ever materialize.

13. Lyrically, what are you dealing with on the album?
    “I don’t want to reveal too much, because if I reveal the whole title you’re going to be like ‘oh, I get it’. It’s all about what it’s like to be a woman and the struggles I’ve gone through to become who I am now. It’s about breaking the rules as an artist and a young person. I’m not a typical pop star. It’s very scary, but I can’t be anything else.”

There’s actually an ALBUM TITLE already? Colour me shocked.

Also has it been mentioned she’s been writing for Miley Cyrus’ forthcoming album?

MmmDani, TRAVVV, Ferk and 1 other person like this.
  14. ...this is a combination that is unexpected and yet something I could see working really well.

sesita, mcuk, Jersey and 5 others like this.
  15. Legend is...fine? The whole EP was great, Good Vibes being the obvious highlight. I'm interested to see where she goes across a full-length album, the talent is definitely there.

MmmDani and lushLuck like this.
  16. I quite liked legend (it grew on me, hated it first listen), but it does seem really cocky (especially when she hasn’t really proven out of Europe at all)

17. This remains one of my favourite songs of the year.

diamondliam, 2014, Island and 3 others like this.
  18. Fake Gucci and Chit Chat are amongst some of the best songs I've heard this year so let's go!

MmmDani, Ferk and lushLuck like this.

19. hype hype hype

sesita, Island, Blob and 3 others like this.
  20. Did you guys prefer Dye My Hair or Heavy Rules? (Or the Chasing Highs/Don’t You Feel It/All Stars which I lump into a Chasing Highs EP)

I think I’m starting to prefer Heavy Rules but my fave is still DMH

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.