Alt Pop 2020 Rate | #81 I don't want to be alone in my bedroom, on the internet | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Alt Pop 2020 Rate | #81 I don't want to be alone in my bedroom, on the internet

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Cutlery, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Sigh. Timezone issues. Glad I'm not alone in this issue popping up again and again.

EDIT: Btw, @Cutlery. Thank you for extending the deadline. I watched the main albums' MVs, but I haven't gone through the Extras. I know it's not necessary to watch, it's just for pleasure, but the deadline is also going to help me to spend time, another time, recapping through the playlist, before I send you my votes.

Remorque, soratami, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  2. God bless my pop justice guardian angel @Cutlery cause I have had a WEEK and it’s only Tuesday and I still have to write commentary for Grimes, Charli and the extras!

slaybellz, Cutlery and berserkboi like this.
  3. I’m pretty sure my Christine average was a 10 dddd.

4. Thanks for the extension! Perhaps I will add some commentary now.

Cutlery and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I might be able to get results in now. To be fair this was all my fault because November 16th kept feeling so far away. Just so I know for the queue, the new deadline would be November 23rd?

6. I have been procrastinating because I haven't wanted to expose myself but I'm going to take advantage of the very gracious extension for the sake of Ms. Bridgers.

Just don't @ me when I'm the lowest scorer for Christine.

7. Yes, and I'd appreciate to see your vote if you can make it!

8. Thanks so much for the extension @Cutlery! There are so many albums here I’ve been meaning to get into.

Attis, Jonathan27, soratami and 4 others like this.
  9. I had not heard To The Brink and whew talk about a banger! I've been playing Denai's album this afternoon and it's emerging as a favorite discovery of the year.

I'm done scoring but want to give it one more go around before submitting!

10. I’m tanking her. I’m sorry but it’s what she deserves.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  11. I'll give you two ethereum to change your mind.

12. Who is she? I don't see anyone on the song list with that name.

Cutlery likes this.
  13. R27

R27

Finished my scores last week and here are my averages if anyone is interested:

Grimes: 7.18
    Rina: 6.68
    Charli: 7.55
    Phoebe: 8.5
    Haim: 8.06
    Christine: 8.4
    Extras: 7.58

Some ramblings: I'm not surprised to see Phoebe in the lead, but a little surprised to see Haim nag the third highest average (although it does have the same obvious lows as most of the other albums and is benefited from the three bonus tracks). Charli's album is probably the one I've spent the most time with next to Phoebe's, so I feel like the average is a bit misleading because it got brought down by two subpar tracks. Rina is unsurprisingly my lowest average. I remember being really underwhelmed by the album when I first listened to it last year after loving "Cherry" and seeing the rave reviews it was getting. While revisiting it has revealed some gems I had initially overlooked, it's still a wildly uneven album with some of the rates most glaring lows. Finally, if you're able to get past the many layers of pretense and alt. versions, there's actually a really solid album. I hope she opts to go explore the soundscape of songs like "Delete Forever" and "You'll Miss Me When I'm Not Around" further in her future projects though.

14. I have come to peace with being the rate villain as long as @Cutlery accepts my #comingsoon ballot

15. Oh with some of the averages I've received, I'm sure you'll be fine !!

16. Omg is it still possible to vote ?

slaybellz likes this.
  17. I think we still have all of today left to get them in!

Attis likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.