Aluna - Renaissance | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Aluna - Renaissance

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BrokenHearts, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

It’s a cute song and I’m loving the deeper vocal!

2. This, Disclosure and Dua on Friday. My God.

D.Jay, sinner and maikos87 like this.
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

This whole album slaps. Ain’t My Business is such a huge banger.

Wishlight and FINISH LINE like this.
  4. Finding this all a bit meh on first listen, if I'm honest.

enjoy, Wired Life and Mr Blonde like this.
  5. Loving Sneak!

FINISH LINE likes this.
  6. I had never warmed up to any of AlunaGeorge's releases but since "Warrior" entered my life, I've been cautiously optimistic about this album and on my first listen I had reason to hope! "I've Been Starting to Love All the Things I Hate" is a fabulous opener and "Envious" feels like a hidden hit. Her working with KAYTRANADA is genius

7. OK, this album is making several points. Ain't My Business and Don't Hit My Line are absolutely stellar. The former feels like an actual lost classic from the mid '90s. Sneak and the opener are great too. So far I'm enjoying even more than the (also very good) Disclosure record.

I don't know why they released Get Paid or Body Pump, everything here is better.

OspreyQueen, D.Jay and lushLuck like this.
  8. this has 0 hype whaaaa

I knew of its existence right here right now

9. She is not popular but her streaming numbers are good enough. The music always does good.

cabirian likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The album's out? Envious has been really doing it for me so I'll have to dive in, I adore her voice.

11. Envious is it.

12. This is a wonderful collection. Stacks up to the 2 AlunaGeorge albums perfectly.

13. Island

Island Staff Member

I like how the album builds up, climaxes, and has a comedown. The sequencing is perfect.

14. Can someone fix the thread title?

15. Island

Island Staff Member

Fixed!

Mikal likes this.
  16. The opening song makes me feel a hell of lot emotional. Like seriously, Aluna is truly one of the most underrated artists ever. Three albums in and it’s a constant delivery of bops. On ‘I’ve Been Starting...’ she is the most vulnerable of the whole record. She really has been through a terrible time in this industry, as documented in interviews and she has come out on the other end stronger.

I’m so grateful to call myself an Aluna fan.

(a bit drunk)

17. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I haven't heard a UK dance/electronic album that sounds this vibrant and charismatic since...Little Red I guess? I loved both of the AlunaGeorge albums, but Aluna really just brings something else entirely to these songs.

I'm guessing Mad Decent don't have the budget for a proper promo blitz, because almost all of these songs could be huge if they pushed them.

Euphoria, Wishlight, Pretend and 4 others like this.
  18. Getting both Disclosure and this album on the same day takes me back to summer 2013. Banger after banger.

Wishlight, D.Jay, OspreyQueen and 7 others like this.
  19. Yeah. This album is incredible... going to be on such heavy rotation for me.

Crisp X likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.