Aly & AJ - a touch of the beat... | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Aly & AJ - a touch of the beat...

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Nov 17, 2020.

1. This is the first meh track for me but thats 16+ tracks in so.. I'm not mad, it's still good.

2. I was a little bit ambivalent on first listen but after going back after listening to other new tracks that were released, it ended up with Dead on the Beach on a 3 hour loop so safe to say I’m in love.

3. I really like this one, especially the back half with the ethereal vocals from AJ and then her boyfriend. Kind of wish it was longer, kind of wish AJ came back to sing the chorus one more time.

4. I'm loving this one! Definitely different from everything else they've put out recently but it's such a mood.

5. Dead on the Beach is probably my favorite of the post-release songs? They're so good at this sort of introspective devastation.

6. Is it an anti-drug answer song to High by the Beach? Once goody-goody Disney queens, always goody-goody Disney queens. "<3"

7. This song kind of reminds me of something that would fit right into on the New Moon (Twilight) soundtrack.

It’s beautiful. The guy has a nice haunting voice too. I wish it was a little bit longer as it does feel like an interlude rather than a fully fleshed out song.

8. I still hate the album name.

9. Pretty Places would have sufficed.

Pretty Places likes this.
  10. Simply shortening the title to A Touch of the Beat would’ve been more than fine, but I already think of that as the title so it doesn’t really bother me.

Pretty Places, 2014 and superultra like this.
  11. That “Pretty Places” performance was gorgeous. Sad they’re not playing Coachella as this album would’ve been perfect for sunset in the desert.

HolyWater likes this.
  12. We got a lovely performance of Slow Dancing from GMA too, just a shame these aren’t full versions.

13. I really liked Dead On the Beach, makes me think of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

14. With the European tour like a month away, I hope they don’t cancel it.

Sean_ius likes this.
  15. Ahhhhhhhh!

Annoyed about no Blush but I want it so bad.

16. So I just had my first listen to this album, and whew!! I'm hooked. What a breezy and warm experience. The melodies and hooks are so inviting.

This is my first time listening to them, should I go back further into their discography?

TRAVVV, Andrew and phily693 like this.
  17. Absolutely

phily693, LeBratt and Music Is Death like this.
  18. I feel
    I feel
    I feel

Like we're a lost

fight-shovel.gif

Cause!

For something that never was!

19. ADM

ADM

We've been 'freed' here in Ireland but what I've gathered from other acts due to tour Europe is that there are probably too many varying rules in the different countries so they cancelling the whole (EU) tours.

Live in hope though. I seen them in Dublin in 2019, they were so so good.

phily693 and Sean_ius like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.