Aly & AJ - “Baby Lay Your Head Down” + With Love From (Mar 15) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Aly & AJ - “Baby Lay Your Head Down” + With Love From (Mar 15)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Oh My God this has me dying to hear it now.

Txetxu and Mikal like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Having just recently become a little Like Whoa-er does anyone know a(n online) place in Europe to get their last album (as well as the christmas one) on cd for a reasonable price?

rubirubi likes this.
  3. I'm still excited, because everything they put out is great, but Symptom of Your Touch was my most played song on the previous album by far. I'm somewhat bummed they seem to have completely abandoned the synthpop sound here, because they're so, so, so, so good at it. Even if there isn't a Symptom on this album, I still have my We Don't Stop vinyl, so I'm grateful.

... And I'm honestly just impressed they're still going full force with the music. Bring on the album.

Rob, soratami, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  4. The streams for the new single are rough, I hope they’re not discouraged because the song is great.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. I like it, but it is a pretty dour, depressing song to release as a first single ddd.

6. I don't think these are terrible streams, if not impressive. I'd say they're more focused on making the music they want to make and touring, anyway. They'd have stuck with the cig-bait if it was all about the numbers for them.

It might have been the drawn out teasers but this release felt muted even on their end, maybe the next single will be the one with more fanfare like Pretty Places?

aux, Heartthrob, munro and 4 others like this.
  7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I haven't been returning to With Love From at all, whereas I was playing Slow Dancing nonstop. I'm not that concerned though because I know the album will be great, especially since the ATRL insider mentioned that Slow Dancing would've fit this album more.

Sam, Euphoria, Sail On and 7 others like this.
  8. With Love From and Slow Dancing feel ripped from the same cloth, and they’re both 10/10s for me. I’m also a bit bummed that the dreamy synthpop days are seemingly behind them, but with material this good, I’m not worried.

9. Hopefully they will return to the synth after the next album and experiment with it more.

soratami and superultra like this.
  10. Which Christmas album? The old one? Hehehe.

The shipping to Europe is very expensive, that's why I haven't bought anything since the Ten Years vinyl. But I should...

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah the old one. I thought by now it would be cheap to get but the shipping definitely isn't helping (I wasn't aware it was that much of a local release either)

rubirubi likes this.
  12. The vinyl pressings look really pretty.

13. 1:30 snippet of Open to Something and That Something Is You.

There’s also 30 second snippet of Talking In My Sleep on the Sanctuary section of the app.

14. I need this album immediately. It already sounds like it might actually rival A Touch of the Beat.

Mvnl likes this.
  15. Already AOTY, that snippet sounds gorgeous.

16. I was just thinking it’s time for a new single. Excited!

17. I had forgotten this was coming March 10th until now and between this, Miley's new album and Scream VI, that's going to be my favorite day of the year.

JasonJay, Heartthrob and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.