'Amazing' Quotes etc. | Page 285 | The Popjustice Forum

'Amazing' Quotes etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dmc, Nov 1, 2010.

1. I mean, would you listen to yourself?
    ....Because clearly we are all 'just jumping on a groupthink bandwagon' when inequality and privilege are huge forces of domination and oppression of marginalized groups. Just jumping on the bandwagon fer a few likes though!!1

We have every right to be facetious and extra on a pop music forum where we discuss with people on our level about the things that matter to us.
    Levity and memery are ways for us to cope with very serious problems, and sorry that's such an offensive thought to you!

Its outrageous white men get away with doing the bare minimum, and that's why we say what we say.

2. I think we pretty fairly drag artists based on the quality of their music. Where's the dragging of Troye Sivan? I feel like whiteness is only included when it's clearly a factor that has led to an artist's undue prominence. Justin Timberlake and Ed Sheeran deserve to be lambasted for producing trash music, and they've almost certainly been boosted in the industry because of their skin tone.

Whether you like it or not, our skin colour has connotations beyond merely ourselves. That's simply a result of what's happened in the past.

Plus, Christianity and pretty much all organised religion is kinda gross.

R92, Txetxu, sapnu puas and 25 others like this.
  3. What Christians do on their forums is not my business. But I’m on a gay ass forum and I’m gonna be gay as hell. If that means upsetting some salty straight white people and their allies, so be it.

R92, beyoncésweave, Mikl C and 25 others like this.
  4. Honestly... This is so offensive but whatever...

5. I'm going to take your failure to engage as evidence of my beautifully worded and convincing argument.

Au revoir!

6. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

Saving this amazing quote here for posterity

sesita, A&E, fancygreen and 14 others like this.
  7. ...Religion is actually disgusting and countless have used it's name as vindication to kill countless generations of humans in various different guises and forms, it's actually pretty gross, historically, but I digress.

This is not the kind of forum to be defending something that doesn't belong, this is a liberal and progressive forum and the owner tries to uphold those ideals as well as they can and has made that clear before.

8. That's what you find offensive? Oh baby.

9. Ddddd yeah organized religion is literally just another tool of oppression with largely misogynistic and homophobic views (and that's not even touching the history of egregious acts committed by said religions), so they can rot too.

Txetxu, nikkysan, inevitable and 9 others like this.
  10. R92

R92

*something something Crucifussy*

11. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Christianity originates from the Middle East, so ‘inherently linked’ seems like an oversight.

aaronhansome and kal like this.
  12. in·her·ent·ly
    inˈhirəntlē,inˈherəntlē/
    adverb
    1. in a permanent, essential, or characteristic way.
      "the work is inherently dangerous"

...Doesn't seem like an oversight to me.

Txetxu, Mikl C, inevitable and 6 others like this.
  13. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

It wasn’t essential in its origin, my friend, that’s my point. Certainly once it flourished and corrupted in a Euro-centric society it became attached to the patriarchy and perverted by white supremacists, but I still would not categorize it as inherently linked. Semantics, I guess, but important ones.

Leopold, Karvel and aaronhansome like this.
  14. Christianity is not 'inherently' anything (other than a religion), it can be fashioned into anything a believer wants. There are Christian feminists.

Billions of POC Christians would find this statement from a Western atheist ridiculous, anyway.

Karvel and aaronhansome like this.
  15. For the past several hundred years, Christianity has been intertwined with patriarchy and white supremacy, so I consider those things linked "in a permanent, essential, or characteristic way." I get where you're coming from, but I don't really see the semantics as being important.

16. Okay, but I'm clearly talking about Christianity as an institution and not specific, individual Christians. Christianity was literally used as a tool for imperialism. I'm not saying there aren't "good Christians", PoC Christians, or anything of the sort.

17. You know what they meant

18. SCREEEEEAM

19. Not when they literally whitewashed Jesus noooooooooooo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.