Amelia Lily | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum

Amelia Lily

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by duffy, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

I'm not a major fan of Xenomania. You Bring Me Joy and Party Over are really good songs but she needs producers who will give her something edgy to combat her lack of a schtick, for want of a better term.

2. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

I'm so glad she's with Xenomania, otherwise all we would have from them is a drip-feed of Florrie songs when she decides to put them out!

3. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Listening to Look Who's Laughing Now and I can't help but think that it's a pretty poor decision to close the standard album with that. It's good, but it wouldn't leave me wanting more...

4. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

I think I'd prefer it if she were working with Xenomania amongst others, as I've got a feeling the album will have quite a bit of filler, samey tracks.

5. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Xenomania have never really done "filler" songs or "samey" albums to any notable extent so I have no qualms there. I would like her to work with The Invisible Men though (Party Over is quite them anyway), I'd love Amelia to do an On a Mission.

6. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

I remember I wanted Amelia to have a sound similar to that of I Blame Coco. Their work on her album was brilliant.

7. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Gabriella Cilmi's first album.

8. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Was mostly shit. Ten is nearly perfect!

9. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

That's my point! DanielS94 said that Xenomania have never done "filler" but Lessons To Be Learned is 75% shit!

10. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

I love Lessons to Be Learned! I suppose it follows quite a specific sound but I think it's lovely, although obviously not as good as Ten.

11. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

It has loads of highlights but its bad moments are Xenomania's worst.

12. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Oh definitely, glad we can agree.

I hope this album is more like FRANK's or Florrie's consistency in terms of totally-Xenomania-produced material.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Off to get that Ten then!

14. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Yes, get it, Ten is one of my favourite albums!

15. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Okay, all I ask is that this album get released. I need another entirely produced Xenomania album in my life.

I have faith in them. 'Shut Up' will probably sound right and perfect in the context of the album. I just have faith that hearing things in the order that Xenomania intended is definitely going to somehow work. Like their perfect keen sense of pop and music in general can only craft something good. Even the songs that seem crap tend to make sense in the scheme of where they were trying to take an album.

16. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

I'm just hoping on it getting released too, but it's such a way off.

17. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

OK, so the album has vanished from iTunes. On Amazon, while both versions of the album are there, they don't have release dates listed... I spy yet another pushback...

18. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Party Over was such an appropriate single choice. "I get a feeling that this is the end!", "Tell me, is the party over?" "NOTHIN' LAAAASTS", "So, it's over"

I seriously hope we do get the album though. She deserved so much more!

19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Whoa, that's fucked up. I want this to leak if not released.

20. Re: Amelia Lily - Be A Fighter (Album + Singles Discussion)

Yep, we're 5 weeks from the album release date and she hasn't filmed a video for this "4th single" she mentioned a while back, and it doesn't look good.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.