American Horror Story | Page 195 | The Popjustice Forum

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Someboy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Watching this 'forbidden love in a fallout shelter during nuclear winter while the Antichrist inevitably seeks a cult' for at minimum 10 episodes is going to get old as hell unless there's a huge break

2. New series doesn’t sound good from what I’m reading.

It’s so annoying how AHS is such a good concept but the writers just don’t get it right.

Oh well at least we have the first and second season.

Remyky22 and berserkboi like this.
  3. I think the premiere was nice, although I was expecting the witches to appear from the get-go.

Anybody who has been watching AHS knows they shouldn't expect actual horror from it. It's all about Ryan's campness with the horror as the background.

4. First episode was a little bit of a let down for me, I need Madison Montgomery to quickly appear on this

5. Sarah Paulson is NEVER going to leave this show because she is a very smart lady who is loyal to Ryan. Her appearance in American Crime Story resulted in critical acclaim and a few movie offers. She was wise enough to quickly take on those chances she was given in the moment because these things don't last very long. This show made her when she thought her career was dying a slow death. It's funny because she almost wasn't even cast in the first season but Jessica Lange got her the job, they even shared a trailer on location in New Orleans.

Alenko, Robbietoxic, JXCK94 and 5 others like this.
  6. If the majority of scenes take place in the bunker, this will get old fast. It's likely we'll take a venture outside and some of the people that got left behind will show up, all grotty and dying.

A couple of episodes. I've watched some recaps as well. I'll make sense of it eventually!

7. But like...how did the plane fly itself?!

8. Exactly how I felt while watching it. Shame.

Rob likes this.
  9. Maybe it was on autopilot, much like the show itself.

10. I liked the premiere. The set-up in LA with everyone rushing around, panicked, was great. It's definitely setting itself up well but I feel like we always have high hopes after the first episodes, haha.

11. But I just don’t get it - the pilot was killed before he got on the plane, and you simply can’t get a plane into the air on autopilot. I’m hoping this is a plot point that’s relevant later because, despite his flaws, there’s no way that Ryan Murphy could be that lazy a writer.

12. A witch did it.

Alenko, inevitable, Stepsmatt and 4 others like this.
  13. American Horror Story has been full of implausibilities and plot holes for ages. Murphy very rarely explains anything, even in the stronger seasons; why was Moira the only ghost to age in Murder House when everyone else stayed the same age? Why did Taissa Farmiga's pussy kill dudes in Coven? I imagine 'How did the plane fly itself?' will just be one of many unanswered questions.

As for this season, I think we'll be seeing a lot of switch-ups. It's a bit of a Spoiler, I suppose:

Joan Collins mentioned that she also plays multiple characters, so it seems likely that we'll either be visiting multiple outposts... or something even stranger. We know there are dozens of more characters set to appear (all of the witches, the murder house crew, etc.), so I wouldn't worry about the story staying stagnant.

14. I'm going with this theory!

HEARTCORE and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  15. kal

kal

I'm not really sure what to make of this pilot episode.

16. I enjoyed the premiere. Evan getting naked immediately helped.

Alenko, dontkillmyvibe and andru like this.
  17. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t enjoy Leslie Grossman, tbh.

Loved the scenes before the bombs dropped. More of this, please! Bunker was a bit slow, but I’m interested enough to see where this is going.

18. Overall it was fine but this bunker bullshit could get old real quick. The Carpenters on repeat killed me.

19. This was one of my favourite premieres of Horror for me. It reminded me a little bit of Asylum with the same song being played on repeat. Joan Collins is a fantastic new addition to the cast and I am intrigued to see where it goes and how Murder House, in particular, falls into this.

Riiiiiiiii likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.