American Horror Story | Page 236 | The Popjustice Forum

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Someboy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. AHS is very unique in that while it has descended into garbage, it is still very watchable and easy viewing. There is usually also enough charm and promise in the early episodes to draw you back in.

Lapras, Dee91 and junglefish like this.
  2. The Stockholm Syndrome is real and I am unequivocally here for it.

inevitable, bakerboy92 and Remorque like this.
  3. I genuinely just...enjoy the ridiculousness of it? And it’s typically gorgeous to watch as well. Like, the scene in the Apocalypse finale where Billy Eichner’s character emerges out of nowhere and stabs Mallory was just...peak AHS for me. Tense and beautiful with characters being torn from their happy ending. It’s enough for me that it always subverts my expectations and while that’s left me unsatisfied immediately following certain episodes or seasons I nearly always reflect on it and find myself satisfied with the season in a way no other show gives me, plot holes and all.

4. Well i enjoyed Apocalypse probably a lot more than i should (allthough i know its flaws) so im happy for more witches in the future.

To be fair Coven is the season with the most flexible cast (because magic can do or undo a lot) and the one with the most alive crew: Cordelia, Zoey, Queenie, Misty and if necessary Myrtle, Madison, Nan, Marie Laveau. Now also including Mallory and Coco. Thats a lot more than any other AHS season ever had at the end of the last episode. And they're likeable. No surprise they want to keep them around for more than just small links between seasons

5. I am so confused as to why Emma Roberts was standing in a museum where Sealboy was in a jar of water but it turns out she dies before Sealboy does?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  6. I enjoyed apocalypse, I thought it felt rush though. I would like it to focus more on the horror though next season - the writers should watch Haunting of Hill House. That’s the standard of what AHS should be aiming for.

Also, would love Angela Bassett back, i LOVE her!!!!

Hybridcookie and Alenko like this.
  7. I just KNEW Ryan would cast him at some point.

8. Thanks, I hate it.

andru, Smooth Criminal and Xanax like this.
  9. How predictable is Ryan...

Cathal, andru and -tastic like this.
  10. Honestly, unless he gets his dick out this is useless. Also, how many talented actors are going to be sidelined so that we can get naked Gus and annoying Emma? Poor Kathy.

11. I really hope Sarah Paulson gives it a miss this season or at least has a reduced roll. She has better things to do surely.

-tastic and HollyDunnSomething like this.
  12. I've always loved Madison and thought she showed real growth and maturity throughout Apocalypse, without losing her confidence or edge, but hopefully the writers will give Roberts a chance to play something a little different this season.

Rei Ayanami and Subspace88 like this.
  13. She's doing a Netflix show with Ryan (Ratched, along with Finn Wittrock, Cynthia Nixon, Sharon Stone, Corey Stoll, Jon Jon Briones, etc.) but there's no American Crime Story season going into production anytime soon. I think she's incredibly loyal to Ryan and will keep doing AHS as long as he's producing it.

Island, Cathal and -tastic like this.
  14. I wouldn’t be surprised if Emma’s character kills Gus teebs.

15. Doesn't Emma have that ice skating show coming out soonish on Netflix? Wonder if she'll split her time between projects.

16. Emma had very little screentime on Apocalypse. I hope she gets a bigger role the new season.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.