American Horror Story | Page 239 | The Popjustice Forum

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Someboy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. What about those of us who have been dragging it since season 3, tho?

Subwaykid, Meathook, Bogdan and 4 others like this.
  2. 1984... Big Brother... #SAVEBBUK...

[​IMG]

3. The only bad season for me was last year (can't even remember what it was called). I'm so here for 80s slasher themes.

Edit: Oh yes, Apocalypse. That title seems completely irrelevant to what I remember from the season.

Holly Something likes this.
  4. I managed one episode of Cult and avoided Apocalypse entirely but I did really enjoy Roanoke so...just because I love a slasher moment, I'll give this one a go. But I expect to be disappointed.

Lioncourt likes this.
  5. I wouldn't rewatch Cult but I also wouldn't say it was straight up bad. Roanoke was honestly my favourite season which is why I'm hesitant to write this show off based on one alright season and one dud.

6. There better be some awesome chase scenes before the usual descent into this-will-do quality

Meathook likes this.
  7. You’re part of the furniture now sis.

8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Oh come on, this is going to be set in 2019 and be about someone making a retro slasher film and the set is haunted and the actor killer is a real killer and Kathy Bates is his mum and Sarah Paulson is the icy head of the film studio and then the rubber body suit man will be the costume designer and we’ll hate it by episode two but not stop watching and Asylum will still be the best season.

Remorque, Rob, Big Bang and 18 others like this.
  9. I wasn't hyped at all for this season, I think I'm still trying to get my head around the mess that was Apocalypse, but I have to say I like the idea of that theme so far (or at least what the name/trailer suggests). The thing I find with AHS is that even when it's not particularly that good it always makes for an enjoyable watch.

Eskiath likes this.
  10. Roanoke and Cult were good. Apocalypse was appalling.

I’m hoping this goes full-on slasher, but I’m fully expecting it to go to shit.

11. Apocalypse was the first season I just flat out didn't watch anymore after the 2nd episode. I'd watched all the others as they aired.

I'll give this one a shot because I enjoy the slasher elements of Roanoke. Hopefully they don't try and lump other season shit into this one

12. kal

kal

It's not aliens so my hopes are set appropriately low.

13. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Surprised it seems to be slasher-focused when they've recently vaguely hinted at Scream Queens returning but I hope it's messily enjoyable anyway.

That scene could be from a movie-within-a-TV-show of course...

14. Apocalypse was just...so unnecessarily messy. Had they sequenced things appropriately I think it would have held together better. As a viewer it felt like we were anticipating something that just never came.

There are aspects of every season I'd change but Freakshow and Hotel are the only ones that are faulty down to their bones for me. I anticipate another season of four to five excellent episodes and three to four absolute stinkers.

Remorque, stuaw and Holly Something like this.
  15. Cut to: the ‘Summer Camp’ is actually an Alien reality show tormenting the witches from ‘Coven’ who have their minds wipes except Sarah Paulson who instead has multiple personality disorder and slips in and out of every character she’s ever played on the show while the killer is the brother of twisty the clown out for revenge and Lady Gaga saves the day by throwing twigs dressed up like Madonna throughout her different eras only for the twist that nothing shown is real as all the characters are insane and in the asylum from ‘Asylum’ before Emma Roberts dies because the Murder House from ‘Murder House’ falls from the sky and kills her.

*Chefs kiss*

16. You never know. I wouldn't put it past Ryan to throw in an alien sub-plot that gets forgotten about around episode 5 and never gets mentioned again.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    stuaw and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  17. A slasher season? The only thing getting slashed will be the quality from episode 1 onwards.

Yes I will probably still watch the whole season.

Remorque, Rob, Lapras and 12 others like this.
  18. Take a shot every time a butt shot, pop culture reference is made or Sarah Paulson yells this season.

kal and Dee91 like this.
  19. As one poster said here in some of the earlier posts - TALK ABSOLUTE SHITE ALL YOU/WE WANT, but we will all be here when the first episode premieres.

Remorque, biffy77, burzacott and 4 others like this.
  20. It's a fucking shit show but I'll be right here screaming for more.

stuaw and Dee91 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.