American Horror Story | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Someboy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

In a Constance voice...thank god I can finally read this thread.

Just watched the last episode. It did feel pretty rushed. Vivenne or Violet not stopping the others killing Ben made no sense at all. I was hoping for a "happy ending" showdown where all the bad ghosts would somehow be permanently banished and leave the family and the nice ghosts to live in peace, haunting out any newcomers.

I am glad that isn't going to be the second season though. I'm not entirely sure if I like the idea of former cast members coming back to play new roles.

Overall, a great series, stupid and ridiculous, but always watchable.

2. SockMonkey, that's EXACTLY how I feel about all of it. A greatly enjoyable series. Incredily stupid, but sometimes the best entertainment is.

3. What's great about it is it is stupid, but the people behind the show clearly think it's smart, which I think is the reason for the show being so compulsively watchable.

I think from now on whenever we're moderating we should preference it with 'In a Constance voice...'

4. I absolutely LOVE this show. At first I thought it was a total clusterfuck but that's partly what makes it work. I was hooked to begin with trying to get my head round what was going on, who was dead etc. I think the second half of the season maybe got a bit too drama-heavy but it was still good.

I'm kinda glad that the setting will be completely different for the second season.. I really can't stand to watch heinous Hayden again. I know her character isn't meant to be likeable but I could've done without her. Why did she not try to take the dead baby?

5. Jessica Lange will be back!

The season is centered around her!

The setting is revealed!

AND MORE!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/01/jessica-lange-will-return-to-american-horror-story-exclusive/

6. It totally is set it Florida! So glad Jessica Lange is back.

7. Starring Jessica Lange. The rest can be supporting her please. She needs to stay till the last season, probably won't happen.

8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

"Opposite of Constance" though? Isn't a good part of the reason people like her so much because of that character?

9. On the one hand, hell yes.

On the other, I got my first tinge of "Oh no, the second season Ryan Murphy curse is about to strike."

10. One reason we all loved Constance (along with the writing obviously) is because of how Lange played her so perfectly, so hopefully the new character will be just as well written and acted, but I can see a huge backlash though - gasps after the first ten minutes...bring back Constance etc.
    It's quite a risk really. I hope she doesn't play the complete opposite..a bit of wickedness would be great still.

11. My worry is that she'll become Vivenne, in other words, the victimized female character. No one wants that, but "opposite of Constance" makes me think someone who doesn't have the same survival instinct that Constance possessed.

12. She's clearly going to be a Floridian old lady, spooked by swamp monsters.

13. Either bad reporting or something not quite right with that article though...

"Obviously, Britton and Walsh, aka the Harmons, won’t return because they perished at the end of season 1"

But we know it's an entirely different story, potentially utilising the same actors, so there's no obviously they wont return scenario....

The first series had some great moments (albeit with a bit of padding mid-season) so I'll be really looking forward to series too, especially since Lange is still on board.

14. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Even worse, shouldn't that be Britton and McDermott?

15. Maybe they were thinking of Nip/Tuck, haha.

Yeah, I can absolutely see Constance being ruined by season 2.

I just hope she isn't a one dimensional nice/sweet character. The good part about Constance was that there were a couple layers to her.

16. Ray

Ray

After having watched all of season 1 I seriously can't imagine season 2 at all. There seems nothing left. And the idea of Lange playing a different character doesn't convince me either. Is she going to be her own long lost twin sister then?

17. She's just playing an entirely new character. Think of American Horror Story as the umbrella title, with each season being an entirely new story. They're not related at all, except for the horror element.

18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

It's like a 10 hour episode of The Twilight Zone or Tales Of The Unexpected with an ensemble cast playing different roles each time. Each one is a horror story set in America.

19. That's what I'm thinking. I'm liking the idea of a 'horror institution' though.

20. So Zachary Quinto is back as a series regular, apparently cast as the villain opposite Jessica. Again, I'm split in two directions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.