American Idol 2013 - Season 12 | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

American Idol 2013 - Season 12

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by AllStar7, Jul 22, 2012.

1. HA!!!

About time.

2. Although I fear it could now become even more barrel scrapingly populist.

3. Good riddance. Nigel's been promising to really change up the format for years, only to make minor changes and then reuse ideas like the same old theme nights that most viewers get bored of now.

4. I feel like if Jennifer Hudson joins the panel, it'll further mark her descent into the world of celebrity, rather than being recognised as a singer. She's got her weightloss endorsement deals, she's a respected actress, but her music career has been surprisingly muted in terms of critical and commercial success. I feel like she'll go down in history as one of the world's great voices, who never really lived to their potential due to confused musical direction and career choices.

5. The problem is nobody is very interested in great voices anymore. After Adele I can't actually think of any singers who are lauded for their voices these days.

6. I completely agree with this, it is so true. She really has become such a name but not for what she is originally about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.