American Song Contest (will never happen but dream on, Bjorkman) | The Popjustice Forum

American Song Contest (will never happen but dream on, Bjorkman)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Rhombus, Jan 3, 2020.

1. https://eurovoix-world.com/2020/01/03/american-song-contest-to-take-place-over-multiple-weeks/

How u gonna make this happen without an investor darling

WowWowWowWow and constantino like this.
  2. Then again Bjorkman has been spending a lot of time in America recently so maybe he fooled a network into signing on.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  3. With Netflix buying the rights to broadcast the 2019 and 2020 contest in the US and that crappy Will Ferrell film... could they be the ones also throwing money at this?

[​IMG]

4. Is it even happening, though? Surely they'd have the broadcaster all over the press releases. I was under the impression that they're trying to make as much noise as possible in the hopes that someone with actual money would sign on.

Hmmmmm't

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  5. Instead of postcards, we'll learn about how the singer is an Iraq veteran part-time youth pastor whose mom only has one leg and he's doing it for her.

6. I just... don't see why the public would care about this. But I don't get the public; they're about to launch the 18th series of The Voice in the USA even though barely anyone has launched a sustainable career off it. Maybe an ASC would appeal to the market who enjoy watching normals sing karaoke?

I thought something like Melodifestivalen might work out if it was all big name artists and it was done for charity... but even for a good cause, I assume Incubus wouldn't want to come 5th place and lose to Lil Pump or something.

And what else, the state that wins hosts it next year? I ain't going to fucking Arkansas.

7. The winner gets to go to Globen and get completely ignored by the European audience.

Alenko and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. Oh wait you just know the winner will perform at ESC as interval act

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  9. Good thing this show will never happen because the last thing we need is some guy doing a Country ballad as an ESC interval act.

Alenko and WowWowWowWow like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.