America's Next Top Model | The Popjustice Forum

America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Big Bang, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Everyone's guilty pleasure is back! It's now a hotter mess than ever. But at least it keeps us going while we wait for the latest BINTM episode.

Some of these guys....*fans self*

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

The show has become contrite and Tyra needs to choose whether she wants a reality TV show, or a fashion show. That runway? Let's get real Tyra.

3. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

I really enjoyed the premiere episode.

4. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

Awful. Enough with the sob stories. I kept expecting them to be huge, given the build up. Like that girl who got drug tested by her father regularly at 13 *GASP* and all her "story" was, was that she rebelled at 18 by marrying someone (oh), or that guy from the Bronx who was so ashamed his father *GASP* was a janitor (oh) that he started crying, like what even?

Now I don't mean to disparage anyone's hardships, but they felt a little like they were digging the bottom of the barrel. As did the stereotypical roles.... Isis 2.0, Angelea 2.0, etc... Adding the tired, "I'm here for my family" stories and I skipped half of casting.

I'm already over the egged on "fighting talk" they keep doing. It was annoying in the last cycle and it's even more annoying here. And yeah, what the fuck was that runway? What a mess. The only pleasant shock I got was they actually included Adrienne Curry with the winners during the opening.

5. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

They've made it more into a reality TV show than a fashion show which is what makes the show incredibly tacky now. They do that dumb shit for ratings, but it's getting old and it doesn't even help.

6. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

Anyone who has been watching the show for 20 seasons, would have realized a long time ago that America's Next Top Model is more of a reality show than a modeling competition. This isn't brand new information. That's why it's called a guilty pleasure.

7. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

Total cringe-fest, but that's par for the course really. Jeremy was my favourite pre-show and he's totally adorable! But Tyra, please, no more """sob stories""".

If you want to watch a good mixed modelling reality TV show, go back and rewatch Make Me A Supermodel US.

8. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

Make Me a Supermodel s2 was AMAZING. The virgin hick guy this cycle reminds me of Branden, but way less beautiful.

The transgendered girl isn't even pretty. The massively gay guy is a cringe. The JANITOR's son is cute but his mouth is wayyyyyyy too big. I like Jourdan.

Ice cream truck guy has no upper lip, and seems like a dick.

That guy Adam who was "22"? What the fuck. I'd have believed 52.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  9. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

I think Tyra should just give this tired mess of a show up. It's all about The Face for me, as far as reality tv model shows go.

10. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

The masquerade runway has to be one of the most uncomfortable things the show has ever done, and that's saying something. Ignoring the fact that the show has turned into the reality trash fest it was always destined to become, there are some great looking models this year.

I really like Renee, Nina, and Jourdan from the girls, and Chris H, Jeremy and Marvin from the guys. Oh, and Phil? *fans self*. Sad to see Virgg go as I thought she was really striking, but it was probably the best decision for her.

All in all, it could be a good cycle.

I wish they'd drop Bryan Boy though...

11. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

What the fuck?!

12. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

[video=youtube;hC0uFPt_sAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0uFPt_sAY[/video]

13. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

It does help though, they had the highest ratings in three years on Friday with double the viewers from last cycle. And that's during the summer, which is usually a very difficult time to launch a show.

14. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

Except they still painfully try to play it off as a fashion show, and try to mask the reality tv with some sort of fashion essence, which is what I was talking about. They shouldn't brand it as a "serious" fashion opportunity. And you should lighten and wise up! Stop always being so bitter and defensive. It's okay Tyra.

The fake drama isn't what gave them ratings, the men is what gave them higher ratings.

Tyra should revert to how she ran previous cycles if she was going to continue with the show any longer. It's become worse and worse ever since they've become desperate for ratings and new ways to "jazz" up the show.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  15. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

I can't believe that is an ACTUAL photoshoot.

16. KAG

KAG

The pictures are so shit. Seriously, what has happened to this show?! I haven't watched since Cycle 12 but back then, they had better photoshoots.

17. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

Why has Siva from the Wanted entered this under the name Marvin?

18. Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 20: "Guys & Girls"

I couldn't really tell... Is Marvin's dad a janitor?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.