Amerie - 4AM Mulholland/After 4AM | The Popjustice Forum

Amerie - 4AM Mulholland/After 4AM

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BreatheBox, Oct 20, 2018.

1. didn't see a thread for this and i LOVE IT SO MUCH

2. Yesss ! Both EP’s have been on repeat all day . Eventho I feel too much auto tune was added in certain areas the songs are really good . “Curious” is EVERYTHING !

3. i felt like the vocal effects are used nicely not gonna lie (to me!) and yes curious is SO GOOD

4. Oh wow. These are indeed great?

5. On one very quick listen through I prefer After 4AM but I have to agree with the Curious love!

All the songs on 4AM Mulholland sounded a bit samey? I think I just need a few more listens

6. Can't wait to listen to this. Amerie was my first fav so she'll always have a place in my heart.

7. I can’t get past Curious. What a song!

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  8. Haven’t made my way all the way through both yet, but yes, ‘Curious’ is fire.

Deleted member 5343 and TRAVVV like this.
  9. I feel like the effects work better on some songs than others, but on the whole both EPs make for entrancing listens.

10. When were these released? I don't know how they escaped me. She's so good!

11. Friday, so you haven't missed too much!

12. Not a Love Song has been in my head all day. She did a good job with this, way better than I'd have expected.

eddy2375 likes this.
  13. “Not a Love Song” and “A Heart’s for the Breaking” are bubbling to the top of 4AM Mulholland for me. Have barely touched After 4AM so far.

Some updates from her instagram live yesterday -
    • She’s touring Australia in February and plans to do a UK tour
    • She’s throwing around ideas for visuals for the albums/a music video
    • She’s already recording new music
    • Cymatika is “still coming” as she feels its sound isn’t rooted in a particular time (I’ll believe it when I hear it)
    I’m happy for her, though genuinely wonder how she gets the funds for all this!?

Yuri and Rei Ayanami like this.
  14. Maybe she invested well? Or maybe the YouTube money is even better than I thought.

Island likes this.
  15. pdf

pdf

16. Confused how everyone thinks these are expensive productions? Every track basically sounds the same and they all sound like she recorded them in her bathroom on an app on her phone.

17. ?no one said they thought it's expensive productions??? we (i for instance) just thought that the production was really nice... not exactly expensive nor cheap

18. While very “samey” and a bit trend chasing, there’s several great tracks here. Nice to see her getting critical acclaim, just wish her artwork were better!

19. I was actually gonna say I really like the artwork because it's not overproduced - it looks quite raw and intimate. There's something very 'indie' about it. I'm a fan

TRAVVV and Rei Ayanami like this.
  20. I particularly love the 'After 4am' cover.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.