Amy Shark - Love Monster (debut album July 2018) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Amy Shark - Love Monster (debut album July 2018)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Jan 22, 2017.

1. I Said Hi is nice.

I’m excited for the album though.

2. I fucking adore the Love, Simon song. That is how you do retro pop.

3. I can't stop playing Sink In. I hope it's on her album and there are some more midtempo bops like this on there.

enricll likes this.
  4. I said hi seems to be doing really well in Australia. Currently number 1 on iTunes in a week with quite a few single releases.

Looking forward to the album.

Island likes this.
  5. Love her!

backstreetjoe likes this.
  6. Its great to have a 31 year old songstress. I Said Hi is so apt.

7. I Said Hi sucks. It comes off as whiny/annoying while Adore at least has some nuance to it. Adore's still her best song.

idratherjack likes this.
  8. I Said Hi is OK but not on a par with Adore or Sink In.

9. It's not her best song, but I like that she's already established such a distinct style. Loving the early 00's sound.

10. I love it actually.

11. I also love it now. Don't Turn Around needs to grow a bit but it's a new tone for her. She sounds a bit defeated and powerless. On purpose obviously. I expect big things from her album. She's amazing live and I can't wait to see her again. Also I'm 100 percent sure she could be big having the right breaking point. If you collect her previous releases you have a very, very strong album with some big pop songs.

12. She's so precious. I'm glad I Said Hi is doing well in Australia, I hope she gets to stay around a long time.

13. Can’t wait for the album. Not able to listen to psycho now but it will be the first thing when I’m done with work.

14. As a big fan of her EP, she's kinda losing me with the new singles... Hope the album is better.

15. I Said hi has made me a fan of Amy and the two promo singles are great as well especially physco. I never expected to like her as I hated adore and still do.

Her music is reminding me of early 00’s and Avril. It’s a nice change to hear this type of music on the radio a lot.

16. It's nice but only I said Hi is amazing. the rest is just average

17. The album is out (there) and All Loved Up is very Taylor-esque.. but that's probably because it was co-written and produced by Jack Antonoff.

idratherjack likes this.
  18. Is there anything close to the synthpop perfection of Sink In on there? That's my favourite Amy song but I think it may be a one off in her discography in terms of sound.

enricll and Island like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.