And All You'll Hear Is The Music, It's The Vanessa Carlton Discography Rate My Friends | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

And All You'll Hear Is The Music, It's The Vanessa Carlton Discography Rate My Friends

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Oct 8, 2018.

1. I listened to Harmonium in full for the first time when trying to calm down to get to sleep last night.

Me waking up...
    [​IMG]

2. I'm giving the scores and so far they confirm how I've always ranked the albums

H&T
    Harmonium
    Liberman
    Rabbits On The Run / Be Not Nobody

H&T is almost flawless for me, while Rabbits is consistently good (with few highlights) and Be Not Nobody has some of her best and some of her worst songs in it so that's why they're at the end.

bleedingheart80 and DJHazey like this.
  3. Yas, so happy to hear this. It's pretty much a perfect album.

Boy am I going to have trouble limiting my high scores. I'm going to have to do a lot of 9.5/9/8.5 or something. My 11 is set in stone, but each album has at least two or three solid 11 contenders if my actual 11 didn't exist.

4. I have 10x3 for each album except for Rabbits which is more of a 8/10 - 9/10 thing so far.

andru and DJHazey like this.
  5. I've rated the covers so far, which was relatively easy, moving backwards to Liberman and I feel like I could just rate everything a 10. Haha. I'll need to spend some time with it to be a little more objective!

DJHazey likes this.
  6. I think the only two that I might not give a 10 to are Ascension and Matter of Time as they're the two I listen to the least, but everything else will be hard not to 10.

andru and Remorque like this.
  7. A @Music Is Life expedition.

Verandi, DJHazey and Music Is Life like this.
  8. Thanks for mentioning me, because I actually might be interested in this. I have to see if I have time though.

DJHazey likes this.
  9. @DJHazey sis, dem averages will explode!

DJHazey likes this.
  10. Nah, I actually don't know much of her music, so my scores will be lower, unless of course her songs are epically amazing. If she was one of my faves, than yeah, it's probably be 10s everywhere like with Paramore and Taylor.

Remorque and DJHazey like this.
  11. She only has one song below a seven, to me. Talent.

Lots, of 8's, 9's, & 10's

My favorite cover was Call Your Girlfriend, but I think Lonely Girls has surpassed it by a tad. Gonna listen to the covers & extras a bit more before deciding on a final score on those.

12. Haromium honestly changed my life the first time I heard it. As much I liked Be Not Nobody, I didn't think she had that in her for a second album. I was obsessed with it.... & , likewise, I was crushed it didn't sell well. Regardless, I was ecstatic to have her sign my copy a few years ago ( where it is proudly displayed in my office). I love the art & her style for that record, too. Man, she just got it.

She's the rare artist in my catalogue who has changed my life with two albums. (Also, Rabbits On The Run).

13. In my rating I've criticised one of the covers for being too repetitive, then felt I had to justify the repetitiveness of Lonely Girls, which is also one of my favourite of the covers.

DJHazey likes this.
  14. "San Francisco" is a favorite from Harmonium and always makes me imagine driving into that city even though I've never been to California in my life. The picture is painted before me so clearly.

On that note, since I know that's one of your favorites too, let me tag @man.tis.shrimp to see if you'd be interested in this rate.

15. It paints a wonderful picture. My friends and I used to blare it when we'd drive into the city. It's especially great once you crest a hill and see that Golden Gate!

Remorque, andru and DJHazey like this.
  16. Those are the best two from Liberman though?!?!?

DJHazey likes this.
  17. Speaking of Liberman, I wonder why Unlock The Lock was the only song she didn't record for the Liberman Live album. I kinda understood not including Ascension, since it's more of a 'sonic mood piece' than a song, but I really like Unlock The Lock.

18. Like I said, I don't hate anything on the album. It's good to know there will be varied opinions and every song will get love.

19. I've got the youtube links on the first page. :)

LKane and slaybellz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.