Andreas Wijk | The Popjustice Forum

Andreas Wijk

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Enrique Garcia, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Andreas Wijk is a model and a new rising Swedish (of course!) pop artist. He has put out a lot of singles this year and they’re all bops. He’s also super hot.

One of my favorites

Even though it’s a bit cheesy the way he compiles as many Madonna song titles as possible in the lyrics for this song, it’s still a bop and I love it. Also I absolutely LOVE that he recreated her album covers for the single artwork

GimmeWork and londonrain like this.
  2. Duet bop with Portuguese singer Kika

3. I've enjoyed all his music this year. He's got the kind of looks and bops that would make him a huge star in an other era.

4. Guess he’s treating us with a full-length on Friday! I love when new artists have their shit together. Come thru.

CasuallyCrazed likes this.
  5. This album is giving me uptempo Troye Sivan teas in places (i.e. it often sometimes sounds like Troye but not like Bloom) and I'm quite enjoying it. I could live without his incredibly extra approach to capitalisation and icons in his song titles, though.

@Riiiiiiiii / @Untouchable Ace / @GimmeWork / @happiestgirl / @Alenko - you might enjoy this!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  6. So you think you know me, huh?

soratami and londonrain like this.
  7. I've been a fan of his since Lookbook. He's so talented. I'm glad to see him finally taking off.

GimmeWork likes this.
  8. I can't believe he's the guy from lookbook. That's a real throwback.

9. I was going to say I had no idea Kika was still going... but it turns out this is from 2013.

P Grandson likes this.
  10. Untouchable Ace and londonrain like this.
  11. londonrain likes this.
  12. This album reminds me a lot of Blue Neighbourhood. Like that album it’s a bit samey and a few tracks just feel unnecessary, but it’s an enjoyable experience overall. Come Thru is my favourite, and I’m a little mad at myself for sleeping on it when it was a single.

Also, king of shitting on the titles of his own songs so Last.fm can’t make them worse.

londonrain and ohaimanabu like this.
  13. I did listen to this, it was pretty okay to me, but nothing grabbed me as much to listen to again unfortunately.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.