Angel Olsen - Whole New Mess | The Popjustice Forum

Angel Olsen - Whole New Mess

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Bolton, Jul 28, 2020.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    aux, Trinu 3.0, Kuhleezi and 11 others like this.
  2. Tracklist:

1. Whole New Mess
    2. Too Easy (Bigger Than Us)
    3. (New Love) Cassette 2
    4. We Are All Mirrors
    5. (Summer Song)
    6. Waving, Smiling
    7. Tonight (Without You)
    8. Lark Song
    9. Impasse (Workin’ for the Name)
    10. Chance (Forever Love)
    11. What It Is (What It Is)

3. Not sure how I feel about artists doing ~reinterpretations of their latest albums, really. There's a whiff of scammery about it, but on the other hand it's a great way for fans to get their teeth into the songs again.

4. The new single is nice, so I guess the new album will be much more stripped back.

5. rdp

rdp

Waving, Smiling is absolutely stunning

Jonathan27 likes this.
  6. I was a bit torn about the album when I realized it was somewhat 're-imagining' All Mirrors but everything so far has me very optimistic. She really can't set a foot wrong in my book.

7. From what I remember her saying around All Mirrors release, these new versions were in fact the original All Mirrors album before the songs took another direction into heavier production.

Edu and Bolton like this.
  8. I'm surprised no one's bumped this! I really like the album, it definitely doesn't play as a standalone release but the bones of these songs are so damn strong that hearing them in a new way is still satisfying. I think Chance actually works best in this new form: it feels very Burn Your Fire for All Mirrors which we simply must stan.

rdp, Jwentz, finito and 2 others like this.
  9. rdp

rdp

All Mirrors was my favorite album released last year so yeah no surprise that this is also a very pleasant listen.

10. So I would like to formally apologise for starting a new thread as I thought this was a new album and this could've just been included in the other thread. It appears this is the first version of All Mirrors before she changed the songs. I'm loving it though

Edu and Jonathan27 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.