Angèle - Nonante-cinq ('95) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Angèle - Nonante-cinq ('95)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Tout oublier gave me

vibes

2. Very late to her but i'm on a bit of a francophone artist binge at the moment.

I kinda slept on Fever when it came out and only got into it recently after watching the video which I love and hearing the Oklou remix. The french post chorus is definitely the best part of the song, so catchy.

Anyway, finally diving into her album and I like it. When she sings in English I get Lily Allen vibes too as someone else mentioned earlier. Looking forward to seeing what she does next.

3. She probably has the new album ready waiting for touring to open? Ugh need.

Island, soratami, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  4. Flemme was just right there, waiting to be a hit, and then it wasn't.

5. They moved to the deluxe so there was no time.

6. Breaking News! Angèle is also part of the cast of Annette.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby Angèle singing with her Dad, singer Marka.

Extract from a French documentary about her rise to fame on social media. Geoblocked outside of Canada, I think.

Philippe Katerine - Duo (avec Angèle & Chilly Gonzales)

Useless trivia
    Annette's director Leos Carax co-wrote Carla Bruni's first hit Quelqu'un m'a dit.

7. I LOVE these, all of them.

Epic Chocolat likes this.
  8. New single out on Thursday and new album for December 10 (a quite strange date, if you ask me).

9. Stromae and Angèle comebacks in the span of a week. Belgium won, I fear.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  10. And so did we!

[​IMG]

11. Island

Island Staff Member

Was not expecting her to come back this year! Pleasantly surprised!

13. I love this. It's what Kim Petras thinks she's doing with the whole Eurodance thing.

Jóga likes this.
  14. Having spent 11 years in Brussels, feeling half Belgian, going there ar least twice a year to visit my parents and family, ETC, ... I can say I got goosebumps the first time I listened to this two hours ago.

15. I don't think I've stopped playing this since it came out? The way her voice just lulls over her songs is sublime. Brol was also excellent so I'm perched for the new album.

16. I love it.

I get that the chorus may be a bit too repetitive but the song has two other sections that work as a chorus too and which are much more interesting (the "Paris m'appelle..." and the "Et si jamais elle se sépare..." bits).

soratami, spaceship and Jóga like this.
  17. This is, simply put, incredible. I liked the album and the newer songs but this just seals the deal with me when it comes to Angèle. Can’t wait to see her at Primavera!

18. [​IMG]
    Nonante-cinq out December 10! Tracklist:
    1. Bruxelles je t'aime
    2. Libre
    3. On s'habitue
    4. Solo
    5. Pensées positives
    6. Taxi
    7. Démons (feat. Damso)
    8. Plus de sens
    9. Tempête
    10. Profite
    11. Mots justes

19. THAT ARTWORK.

Life's so fun, life's so fun
    Playing Gameboy on the rollercoaster

[​IMG]

20. For the folks like myself who can't access the cover image without a VPN:

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.