Angèle - Nonante-cinq ('95) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Angèle - Nonante-cinq ('95)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Apr 20, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Vasilios likes this.
  3. I don't understand a second of this video, but the song remains perfection.

Mushroom likes this.
  4. Yeah the videos for this era have been too... dark for me but bops are bops.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. A missed opportunity.

6. It feels like they're doing that weird thing when labels in the late 90s would have pop acts like Spice Girls do dark / 'grown up' videos to please... 40 year olds who'd never buy their stuff anyway. I think she should go back to her funny / fun aesthetics for the next video.

Wishlight, Laurence and lushLuck like this.
  7. Wouldn't she have a fanbase overlap with the likes of Billie etc.? I don't think these videos are 'dark' per se, she's just an arty chick living out her Marvel fantasies. The video for "Bruxelles je t'aime" has massive replay value, it was her best for me.

soratami likes this.
  8. They all lack the bright colours / fun element she served in spades the last era.

9. 1) The video is fun, and 2) BUDGET!

Atletico likes this.
  10. The Bruxelles je t'aime video was easily one of last year's best.

11. But dark. Which was my initial comment. I want sunshine and light Angele videos! The music is flawless so it's a minor quip just that the videos this era I've closed mid first play when the older ones I'd play daily on repeat.

12. To each his own, but I'd describe the "Bruxelles je t'aime" video anything but dark! It's pretty whimsical for a song about Brussels not having 6 months of daylight, just grey sky and rain dddd. If you're talking about the grading, it's just the trendy Euphoria film look in vogue right now.

Wishlight, poshbabyyy and soratami like this.
  13. I had no issue with the Bruxelles je t'aime or Démons videos, but this one feels wholly disconnected from the bright, sunny vibe of the track - especially as it’s being released at the top of the summer months. It just feels like a missed opportunity.

Also, that may be the grossest looking pizza I’ve ever seen.

14. A Lady Gaga Alejandro tea.

15. She killed it at Primavera last night!

16. I'd only heard Fever but a pal I was with convinced me to see her instead of Tame Impala and I'm so glad I did! She was incredible, choreo, vocals, A COSTUME CHANGE??!, banger after banger... She also just seemed so alive on stage and so happy to be there - she had the crowd in the palm of her hand. She's BPG material.

Andrew and Vasilios like this.
  17. And she reposted my stories both times dd. Stan a bit Miss Van Laeken.

18. I've been ignoring her music for a while because I didn't like the song with Dua Lipa, but wow she's got bops. Bruxelles je t'aime is incredible.

Daniel L, wodny and Lapras like this.
  19. fight-shovel.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.