Anna and the Apocalypse | The Popjustice Forum

Anna and the Apocalypse

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Stuart, Dec 23, 2018.

1. I saw this film earlier in the week and absolutely loved it. It may be the most bonkers thing I’ve ever seen but it works. The premise is pretty simple - a Christmas Zombie musical based in Scotland.

The songs in it are quite poppy in places too and there’s one right at the beginning of the film which actually bops quite a bit (which contains the best rhyming couplet I’ve heard in recent years, “this isnae Disney”). The juxtaposition of a High School Musical style dance number swiftly followed by the arrival of the undead is one of the reasons I loved it so much.

Has anyone on here seen it?

2. Yes. I'm familiar with the writer. It's BRILLIANT and should be a cult classic.

3. I really hope it finds an audience over the next few years and becomes a cult hit. It has all of the elements of one, it deserves to be seen!

4. I ... didn’t enjoy it. Can’t put my finger on why, it just didn’t click for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.