Anne-Marie - #AM2 | Page 51 | The Popjustice Forum

Anne-Marie - #AM2

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jan 20, 2016.

1. She looks/performs like a cast member of Eastenders who has dressed up to do a performance on Let's Sing & Dance For Comic Relief rather than an actual popstar.

2. ‘Wearing that dress I can’t afford’
    ‘I can’t even afford my rent’

Not this Sheeran-esque, GP-pandering, ‘I’m so quirky and relatable and not like the other celebrities’ piece of garbage.

BeingNormal likes this.
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

This is basically a Meghan Trainor song but so much worse and without any of the ironic charm. She's basically a backing singer who was told to be in front because the main singer couldn't be in the session one day ddd.

BeingNormal and lushLuck like this.
  4. A chaotic thumbnail. Hard pass.

Verandi likes this.
  5. Just seen a clip of this on Sunday Brunch.

Never been a fan of her but Jesus CHRIST. How could any label/management authorise a song like that to go out?! Absolutely dismal.

Watch it be number 1 for 3 weeks.

6. To me it looks like it's been under label and management micro management to the last detail.

BeingNormal, jawow_ and Runawaywithme like this.
  7. The fact that this is what record labels want to pour money into nowadays....

“Electric chair!” etc

8. She peaked with Summer Girl.

9. The song itself is not that bad, but the lyrics are very lowest common denominator to the point that it'll either flop miserably or smash hard.

BeingNormal, Superloves and elektroxx like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I feel like there is talent there but i hate everything about this.

Pineapple and Subspace88 like this.
  11. How is this the same girl who was on Rumour Mill?

She has talent and bops for sure, but the last album was so beige and it looks like that’s the direction of the new material as well...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2020
    Subspace88 likes this.
  12. Let's listen to actually good Anne-Marie songs instead of... that:

Island, Diet Pop!, nooniebao and 7 others like this.
  13. I was kinda digging Birthday until that Chuck E. Cheese chorus came in.

elektroxx likes this.
  14. Another one of my favourites

2014, elektroxx, saviodxl and 2 others like this.
  15. Why did she have to collab with Ed Shitran and ruin everything

16. This not being a single was a hate crime

17. Front page jokes on the cravenness of this.

You might have missed her set at the Jingle Ball, probably her greatest performance ever. Without the shit songs:

Bonus:

Mikal likes this.
  18. Warner surely believes in this (and most likely was done under severe focus group/research/what the tiktok kidz want) because this is being advertised and pushed everywhere. Outdoor/online ads/etc.

And I find it funny how, judging by Instagram, Studio Moross (who are absolute creative mammoths and doing a lot of out-of-the-box stuff) is behind some of the creative direction in this. She as hetero GP let's be relatable tee hee hee as it gets now. Shame she started out so nice a few years ago, but whatever earns the coin I guess.

Superloves likes this.
  19. That Ciao Adios performance is fantastic. It's a shame she's on this course which is so obviously label-led. There is potential there.

2014 and Pineapple like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.