Annie - Dark Hearts + Neon Nights EP | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

Annie - Dark Hearts + Neon Nights EP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robster, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For some reason I thought a CD release was already confirmed ? Just in my mind I guess.

2. I've listened to this precious thing at least ten times already which happens... maybe twice a year to me with freshly released music. The first verse (or whole song? I have to re-listen) being about Tore is breaking my cold heart a bit. My depressed ass cannot handle this stuff right now Annie girl.

[​IMG]

The song reminds me a lot, sonically, of The 1975's A Change Of Heart, which is one of my absolute favourite songs. The soft electronica mmmh yes mama. A little triumph.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    xondus, Mikal, Deer Stop and 11 others like this.
  3. I love that a hook of the song is Annie saying her name aloud twice. "Take it away Johnny," and the guitar solo is quite special too.

Stopremix, Daniel L, Mikal and 2 others like this.
  4. I LOVE IT! That guitar/synth bit is a sample - I just can’t remember which song.

Deer Stop likes this.
  5. "The Streets Where I Belong" is wonderful! I think it may be the best of the four so far. And I love that it shares that same synth chirp with "The Bomb."

robster, Daniel L, Verandi and 4 others like this.
  6. Getting some Empire Of The Sun vibes from the new track. Also just recently discovered her A&R and Vcation EPs.. Wow is all I can say, I've no idea how all of her music post Anniemal has passed me by.

Wishlight, Lander, RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  7. I love it, sounds like it could have been produced by Sally Shapiro
    So far Dark Hearts is the weakest, but still good.

Stopremix and Deer Stop like this.
  8. Simply gorgeous!

9. It is bugging me that I can't remember the name of the original song that this one samples. That guitar/synth bit is definitely familiar.

10. I was finally able to purchase The Streets Where I Belong. Definitely the best track released so far. That guitar throughout the song is something else.

11. this is gorgeous .. I keep thinking she won’t be able to keep the quality this high but am proven wrong every single time

Stopremix, Deer Stop and Pink Frost like this.
  12. This is my favorite of all the songs released so far.

Wishlight, Island, Stopremix and 6 others like this.
  13. Damn, Annie. Well look at you! This is easily at least tying with “The Bomb” in my book. We’ll see how it develops.

lutz, Deer Stop and poshbabyyy like this.
  14. I don’t think I can say enough good things about this latest track.

15. Surely it's more expensive to press records than CDs, come on Annie at least issue a limited CD run (or put one in with the record?) Gleaming electro pop needs a crackle free CD issue.

Wishlight, lob0to, Humanracin and 8 others like this.
  16. The Streets is absolutely gawgeous. The opening ‘Annie, Annie’ and ‘take it away Johnny’ made me gasp and the production has lovely touches (backing vocals, that guitar) throughout.

It’s like a mixture of Prefab Sprout, Sally Shapiro and Saint Etienne but thoroughly Annie. Amazing.

17. I love how The Bomb us now a fan favourite when we were all scratching our heads when we first heard it!

18. This is quite amazing, isn't it?! Gonna be such a good album.

AfternoonsInUtopia and lutz like this.
  19. I’m beside myself waiting for this record She’s filling such a void.

Wishlight, Lander, 4Roses and 18 others like this.
  20. Her vocals are lovely in this song. The production is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.