Annie - Dark Hearts | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Annie - Dark Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robster, Jun 4, 2020.

1. I'm not even worried that I'm overplaying this - 15 plays already! You were sorely missed, Annie!

You know what, I saw this - either in one of your threads here or on your blog and checked it out - NINA's album sounds like it could be a nice home to Annie's new song - and hopefully Annie gives us more of this.
    Aside from the excellent ice-cold production on NINA's album that I really liked, there's something very Keisza-like (only much more boring) about her delivery and melodies that didn't sit well with me. I'd have much preferred Annie, Little Boots, Roisin Murphy, Kylie Minogue and Sophie Ellis-Bextor's voices on that record.

Johnny Jewel should be working with many more PJ-faves. I can see the similarities. That said, of all the Italians' artists, the one I like the most is Chromatics. Ruth and Annie have completely different voices which add different textures to the otherwise similar sound. And Annie's new single and whatever else she releases next will keep us entertained till 2025 when Dear Tommy is pushed back for the 473rd time is fantastic!

biffy77, TrendyMüller and Kirkland like this.
  2. Dark, brooding, melancholic, dreamy, airy and absolutely spine-tingling - YES Annie. She always delivers! I was a bit worried about Stefan producing this but it sounds so crisp and immaculate. And his backing vocals in the chorus really elevates the hook.

Lander, Heretic, lushLuck and 9 others like this.
  3. This is really fantastic and so replayable! I'm addicted. Looking forward to seeing what else she's got up her sleeve these sessions

robster likes this.
  4. I'm very happy she finally dropped that wonky italo piano that almost derailed the EPs teebs.

5. I’m a sucker for a good parlando.

How does she do it, time and time again? She makes releasing exquisite pop look so effortless.

He likes this.
  6. I've had this on repeat for the past hour. Suffice to say, I like it.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. Sorry, NINA sounds and looks totally bland. It´s basically Neo-Schlager with a synth-pop sheen. I immediately knew she was a fellow German from looking at her pics. Vapid artsiness is something ve arr wery goot at!

Crisp X and LoveMachine like this.
  8. This is giving me ethereal Royksopp/Robyn teas - it's really great.

Eskapism and Stopremix like this.
  9. He

He

This is so lush!

Oh Annie, I have missed you.

Lander, biffy77, Crisp X and 11 others like this.
  10. I think our empress of pop is wearing no clothes.

I am finding this a little uneventful, it’s basically her vocal over the Stranger Things theme tune to these ears which is fine but I expect more from Annie, I’m not sure her voice suits this kind of synthpop.

The artwork is totally brilliant.

Nina does it much better (as well as my beloved Bat, the Lost Girl)

11. The artwork is done by Marcus Baga from Big Active, I am happy she made the right choice with the visuals!

12. I like this a lot!

13. I've played it non-stop all morning. I feel very comfortable and safe around Annie's music, because she really doesn't let me down.

lushLuck and Stopremix like this.
  14. Thanks to whoever shared this one because I'm obsessed now

I'm having the two songs on repeat pretty much.

15. The artwork was done by the same pepole who did the Anniemal campaign! They just get her.

Lander, Crisp X, Humanracin and 13 others like this.
  16. Really? I didn't know that. How wonderful.

I can't wait to see the photography/artwork of her new album.

Runawaywithme and Stopremix like this.
  17. I think I’m gonna have an Annie marathon today. I haven’t listened to her much lately. Have my streams queen.

lushLuck, Stopremix, Dennis and 2 others like this.
  18. I forgot the legendary 'Ferret Summer' until this thread brought it up the other day. Now I cannot get it out of my head.

I remember when this thread didn't understand the lyrics, so people thought the chorus was

Your dad shot the ferret
    Your dad shot the ferret
    Your dad shot the ferret
    Your dad shot the ferret

19. A7D3E474-8A1C-417C-9AAB-E1E41548E8F6.jpeg The album is called Dark Hearts and is out in October.

FINISH LINE, Lander, nbtsa and 49 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.