Annie - Dark Hearts | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

Annie - Dark Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robster, Jun 4, 2020.

1. I like both, but I prefer The Bomb. American Cars is atmospheric and dreamy and a slow burner. The Bomb is funky and instant.

2. Txetxu likes this.
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

Annie singing on Some Girls would've been interesting. The Some Girls saga is just so entertaining.

4. Without even hearing this album, I just know that one or two of the tracks are going to get picked up by a Netflix film/series and get some traction the way that Anthonio did.

That Richard X interview was really interesting.

Deer Stop likes this.
  5. Totally didn't know that Parallel Lives was originally a Diddy and Kelis song! Also, Roisin escaping a yoga retreat by climbing a wall to go to Pacha? Couldn't love her more.

BeingNormal and Deer Stop like this.
  6. I was going to say I was surprised there isn't an album preorder yet (from what I've seen, please correct me if I'm wrong), but then I remembered we aren't getting this until late October, but then I remembered Kylie's album is out like a week later and her preorder went up immediately...

poshbabyyy and Dreampopboy like this.
  7. Was Anthonio used in something? I've heard the Berlin Breakdown remix played by DJs a few times in the past couple of years and was kind of surprised. I think one of the times it was Galcher Lustwerk.

Pineapple likes this.
  8. ^ It was used in a movie called The Guest - the way I GASPED when I heard her vocals.

9. Wow am I glad Dannii Minogue didn't get "Songs Remind Me of You."

10. The Bomb is fucking AMAZING?????? Like one of my favourite songs of the year. I’m floored.

I love experimentanniemal

11. Yes! I can't imagine anyone other than Annie singing that song. Also, The Bomb is...fucking brilliant. I wasn't sure at first but now I know better.

Island likes this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm screaming that Richard X thought that the Confessions on a Dance Floor album could've been Dannii Minogue.

Dannii doing Hung Up would've been so iconic.

13. DAnniie

14. This part had me cracking up:

"We were saying some not-nice things about Geri in a fun way, and [Annie] said, “I’ll sing that.” So weirdly, Annie is involved in this strange beef with Geri Halliwell too."

15. The Bomb is a masterpiece. It's so moody and murky but she sounds so good and at home on it. I'm ridiculously excited for this album.

4Roses, Eskapism, lutz and 2 others like this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Preorders should really just go up immediately on announcement. I mean, Dark Hearts already has a track listing and a cover, so... what exactly is she waiting for? She could pick up some cute pre-orders well in advance.

GimmeWork and Andy French like this.
  17. I’m addicted to both new tracks. I love listening to them whilst roaming the streets of London at night.

Kirkland, Eskapism, Pretend and 4 others like this.
  18. What I love the most about ‘The Bomb’ is that it isn’t at all what I thought I wanted from Annie, but it turned out to be exactly what I needed. It’s also another perfect apocalyptic pop song and I’m bopping along happily as the world ends.

19. I wish the swearing from the film audio wasn’t censored on The Bomb. That’s my one gripe. Other than that I love it.

20. To be fair to Dannii though - Confessions was released in 2005 when Dannii’s most recent output was Neon Nights only two years earlier.

Maybe it’s just me but Neon Nights is easily on par with Confessions, probably even eclipses it. For me Neon Nights is a no skips album while Confessions has a couple album tracks that are helped along by the greatness of the overall era.

poshbabyyy and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.