Annie - Dark Hearts | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Annie - Dark Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robster, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Her vocals are lovely in this song. The production is great.

Pink Frost, andru and Deer Stop like this.
  2. Ha, my thoughts exactly. #NoCDNoSale

Burzum, mynextrick, V3RYP05H and 2 others like this.
  3. Love all songs but not playing them till we get the album, this feels like an album album.

Lander, andiemal, lushLuck and 8 others like this.
  4. God, her and Stefan are a real powerhouse together. Streets is stunning and that guitar solo made me melt.

Shuey, andru, Island and 5 others like this.
  5. It would be even more of an album album if it was released on CD. How very dare she. I imagine a fair few of her shall we say more ‘vintage youth’ fans would snap up a CD, we can’t all be bright young things streaming this and that while munching on pea shoots.

6. Prayer circle that this is the "secret, format-exclusive extended version of one of the songs" from the vinyl.

Gioroll and Deer Stop like this.
  7. I hope the arts grant covers the cost of CDs, because it would be nice to have it on shiny disc. CD isn't a romanticised format, let's be honest. I think vinyl and cassette might fit the intended vibe of this album as the soundtrack of a lost '80s movie far better than CD.

If You Go and Gioroll like this.
  8. I haven’t bought a physical Annie product since Don’t Stop so I’m not too bothered but I had a visceral reaction upon seeing them sell a fucking cassette version. This timeline blows.

Anyways, instrumental bonus album with the digital edition? I’ll bite.

Pink Frost, Gioroll and Kirkland like this.
  9. But it won’t sound as good, that’s the problem for me. I know I sound like a broken CD but nothing sounds better than a CD played on a half decent system. I get all the ‘vinyl’ romance stuff by the way, I am not anti it but I think she has missed a trick here. I’d pay £20 no problem for Dark Hearts on CD from her website. I have every other Annie release on CD so I’d like to complete the collection.

10. I know it's early for this but PJ loves a list so that's how I'm feeling right now:

1. The Streets Where I Belong 10/10 A moment most pleasing to me.
    2. The Bomb 8,5/10 Two weeks ago it was at the bottom of the list but now I realise issa mood issa vibe.
    3. American Cars 8/10 It sounded more exciting on release date teebs but it's still great.
    4. Dark Hearts 7/10 It's cute but it's not an amazing title track.

My expectations are starting to go up up up.

Pink Frost and lutz like this.
  11. I'm sure there are many valid reasons not to make them but Annie's catalogue to date has so many cool rare or limited CDs (the Anthonio letter, the various EPs, the Don't Stop bonus disc)… it's just a bummer I won't be able to add some version of this album to that collection.

Lander, Pink Frost, Burzum and 6 others like this.
  12. Ugh this song hits so hard. No one can do this sort of wistful lushness like Annie.

Pink Frost, lushLuck, lutz and 2 others like this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Whew this.....is Annie's best ever song (after I Know Ur Girlfriend Hates Me)

14. I was thinking this earlier, she’s grown so much as a writer.

15. But... Bad Times is her best song??

Deer Stop, He, AndrewX and 3 others like this.
  16. Heartbeat is legitimately the best song of all time tho.

17. The original is perfect, but is it greedy to hope for an 8 minute long Richard X remix? It would even fit perfectly since there's that subtle half-a-nod to "Songs Remind Me of You" and everything.

Lander, Deer Stop, AndrewX and 4 others like this.
  18. The Bomb might be one of my favourite songs this year. It’s the perfect mix of pop and electronic. whew

4Roses, Deer Stop, He and 3 others like this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

She's really hitting it out of the park.

20. The Streets Where I Belong just made me cry on first listen. She just gets it so right.

4Roses, Deer Stop, He and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.