Annie - Dark Hearts | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Annie - Dark Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robster, Jun 4, 2020.

1. The video for The Streets Where I Belong is out next week, and the preview looks good.

2. Correct.

He, lutz and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  3. The Streets is just so excellent... oh wow

4Roses, Kirkland, lutz and 2 others like this.
  4. Best song on her last album, hard to pick the best Annie song. American Cars is my favorite song this year along with Kelly Lee Owens song L.I.N.E.

andiemal, Larsen, etienne and 4 others like this.
  5. Have we seen this unedited version of the cover shot before? Living room realness!

6C61F910-7020-4B6D-B356-419A90587E76.jpeg

Lander, 4Roses, Elvenpath and 19 others like this.
  6. I know it’s an homage, but I keep singing Dancing In The Dark over Streets (as excellent as it is).

lushLuck likes this.
  7. The Streets Where I Belong is great. it really reminds me of something, production-wise, and I can't think what.

It's my second fave after The Bomb - the title track is the weakest so far. I can't even remember how that goes.

8. I've been saying it samples something... i can't remember which song though.

9. It doesn't remind me of Dancing In the the Dark which @Minorkey suggested. But it defo reminds me of something. Possibly a Daft Punk track. Possibly something else!

10. I keep getting Kylie's The One playing in my head. They work well together

11. So, err, there's no physical album being released?

I love The Streets Where I Belong. It reminds me of lots of things but can't say exactly what.

12. There is, read back a bit.

13. There is - just not on CD. Vinyl and cassette only. Pah.

Larsen, magictreehouse and Bleu Noir like this.
  14. I contacted her music store and there are no plans for a CD, unfortunately.

Bleu Noir likes this.
  15. It reminds me a lot of I Won't Leave You Lonely by Shania Twain.

Verandi likes this.
  16. The worst bit about all of this is the nonsense under the tape version in the store: "Does anyone have a cassette player in 2020? Who knows, but it's a pretty cool format.". You know what some people do still have Annie? A fucking stereo.

soratami, Dr Pop, Lander and 8 others like this.
  17. How much does a limited run of CDs cost anyway? She must have 500 or 1000 dedicated fans worldwide who would want such an item (and pay handsomely for it).

soratami, Dr Pop, Lander and 8 others like this.
  18. Annie it’s cruel but hey, might not be my place to say, somewhere there's been a failure and you can’t blame COVID either.

19. It does seem rather a strange decision. When I ditched my CDs a few years back due to downsizing my home, there were certain acts of whom I kept CDs and Annie was one of them. I’d have defo bought a CD of Dark Hearts and then streamed it so she’d have had more money from me that way, but I’m not buying a record or a tape.

andru likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.