Annie - Dark Hearts | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

Annie - Dark Hearts

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by robster, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Yeah, I never understood that gag. I thought it was absolutely brilliant (still do) and much better than the first three tracks of The A&R EP that people said were “better”.

In fact, “Tube Stops…” is one of the Annie songs I still play frequently and regularly (unlike “Ralph Macchio”) but to each their own.

2. I love Ralph Macchio just as much as Tube Stops (more actually...)

I had no idea until today that Tube Stops and Lonely Hearts was a Xenomania collaboration. Is that correct or an error on its Discogs listing? I don't recall seeing any mention of it at the time of release.

Mikal likes this.
  3. Just saw something... got shocked, we'll be screaming for what's coming up.

4. It is correct. There was some discussion about that and I firmly believe Xenomania being attached to it is why a lot of people were disappointed. They wanted their Girls Aloud-esque pop not a moody, dirty, cruising at 4am anthem.

5. I think Tube Stops is an amazing Annie moment, but even by that point Xenomania were losing gas creatively. They've been a spent force for years. Tube Stops, however, managed to buck that trend.

6. Wasn't there rumblings of Xenomania produced third Annie album around the time the three EPs idea was being bounced around? I wonder if there are any other amazing dark club bops locked in the vault.

7. I'm still obsessed with Neon Lights. Jake is so camp on it, I love his delivery.

LPT, andru, Booers and 3 others like this.
  8. The EP release date is on 10th September btw

9. Finally! Thanks for the heads up and luckily that isn't too far away.

10. [​IMG]

Behind a spoiler just in case anyone wants to avoid it pre-release. I like it, and it follows on from "Dark Hearts" well, but I do wish the photo posted a few pages ago - or something similar - was used instead as I think that matches the title more.

11. Oh, I love.

Gioroll, Mikal and andru like this.
  12. That was just what I saw yesterday, I believe it'll pop up on the store very soon as a physical format.

andru likes this.
  13. STUNNING.

andru likes this.
  14. The photo of her in the white blazer with the rainbow effect "fits" the vibe of Neon Lights and Just Like Honey better, but this is Sky Ferreira levels of Twin Peaks cosplay so I'm still totally into it.

Andy French, Artangel, RHOPJ and 8 others like this.
  15. Oh that's stun, I'm really excited.

RHOPJ and andru like this.
  16. I blasted The Bomb earlier while doing the housework. Underrated but brilliant (like Annie herself, I suppose).

Booers and Amnesia like this.
  17. I'm scared she's going to announce the physicals when I'm not online.

sjoe71, AndrewX and backstreetjoe like this.
  18. The Dark Hearts physicals aren't sold out, so presumably demand won't be so high that you'd need to be online right away? I hope, anyway!

P'NutButter likes this.
  19. Such fun, I did the image retouch on this image - Working with your idols is such a dream!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.