Annie - Don’t Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dream today that Smalltown Supersound opened a store in my town that sold furniture, hamburgers, t-shirts, and music. Their music case was filled completely with random Annie stuff. There was a big 'Don't Stop' deluxe box that had Don't Stop and then like 5 different shampoos and lotions and stuff that were 'Annie' brand. It was really weird, but it shows how much I need new Annie right now. Sad face.

MarkThePerson said:
I had a dream today that Smalltown Supersound opened a store in my town that sold furniture, hamburgers, t-shirts, and music. Their music case was filled completely with random Annie stuff. There was a big 'Don't Stop' deluxe box that had Don't Stop and then like 5 different shampoos and lotions and stuff that were 'Annie' brand. It was really weird, but it shows how much I need new Annie right now. Sad face.

Did you download Pockets?

Kirkland said:
MarkThePerson said:

Maybe this is the new ''song'' she was allegedly releasing soon? Meh. Anyway, I love it.

Kirkland said:
MarkThePerson said:

Yes I did! It's a nice little one off, but it's not very Annie to me...

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I've got a question only this thread can help me with: is the version of "Songs Remind Me Of You" that's streaming on Warner/Chappell's site (click on "Master" to see the play link), presumably a demo/earlier version, sung by Annie or by someone else? I'm not sure who that someone would be--Hannah Robinson?

The thing that really makes me wonder if it's someone else is the chorus, but maybe I haven't listened to Annie using the non-wispy, high-pitched side of her voice to recognize it.

PPG said:
Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I've got a question only this thread can help me with: is the version of "Songs Remind Me Of You" that's streaming on Warner/Chappell's site (click on "Master" to see the play link), presumably a demo/earlier version, sung by Annie or by someone else? I'm not sure who that someone would be--Hannah Robinson?

The thing that really makes me wonder if it's someone else is the chorus, but maybe I haven't listened to Annie using the non-wispy, high-pitched side of her voice to recognize it.

Wow! I've haven't heard this version before.
My guess is that it's an early demo version of the song. It's clearly Annie singing it, but the production allows you to hear what she is singing more clearly IMHO
Well spotted!

furytingar said:
Wow! I've haven't heard this version before.
My guess is that it's an early demo version of the song. It's clearly Annie singing it, but the production allows you to hear what she is singing more clearly IMHO
Well spotted!

Thanks! I really wasn't sure, so it's good to know. It's an interesting little curiosity.

Mvnl

Staff member
Nothing obsessive about it.. a proper fan cares about any kind of new or previously unheard material.

I'm going to do something rather exciting tonight. I will listen to the Island edition of Don't Stop! I've got the original cover as the art work. It will be a strange experience.

Annie has has announced her third album title! It's to be called "Beyond." (the full stop is entirely necessary)

You will either understand that or it will pass you straight by.

MiChiMadNesS said:
Annie has has announced her third album title! It's to be called "Beyond." (the full stop is entirely necessary)

You will either understand that or it will pass you straight by.
Sounds like an album that would be space themed.
I hope it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.