Annie. | Page 859 | The Popjustice Forum

Annie.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Anniemal and Don't Stop are necessary albums.

2. Are there any video interviews of Annie? I don't think I've ever heard her speak.

FridayNight and Kirkland like this.
  3. Well I, for one, think Stefan and Annie make a perfect pairing. I just want a bunch of Tears in the Rain type electroballadry.

ItTakesAMuscle and Kirkland like this.
  4. There was a great video of her asking fans to enter a competition, but she fled Island Records before the winner could be announced and there was never any winner! I think though that we all won when Annie decided to appear in our lives. The clip, sadly, is no longer on YouTube. The Elusive Chewinggumeuse remains elusive.

Lander and TrendyM├╝ller like this.
  5. He

He

I think she might not be great live but only because she lacks the live singing experience. Even the thinnest of voices can be trained to work in a live setting.

She should maybe add some live vocals to her DJ-gigs , ala Little Boots.

Hell, have joint DJ tour!

6. I saw her perform a tiny acoustic set at a Virgin Megastore when Anniemal was released and it was incredible. Her performance of "Heartbeat" actually broke 17-year-old me.

7. I would love to experience Annie live.

Island and Kirkland like this.
  8. I honestly wouldn't give a fuck if she was shit. Just being in her presence and confirming that yes, she is a real life person would be enough.

I'll settle for being her Facebook friend for now.

Even then I can't be sure she's real.

Runawaywithme, PEARL, nametag and 8 others like this.
  9. I've said in the past that I'd be at the front of the row, screaming, weeping and wailing. No-one would hear anything else. I never got a chance to see her DJ live, but that isn't the same as an actual gig. I want so much for her to tour and perform her music live. It's definitely an ambition for me. I wouldn't give a fuck how she sounded...just to reach out and believe!

PEARL, P'NutButter and Ferk like this.
  10. I'd probably be slain in the spirit as soon as the lights went down honestly.

PEARL, Kirkland and MiChiMadNesS like this.
  11. He

He

Let's crowdfund her tour, or something.

The thing is getting her daytime job to agree to it.

Runawaywithme, PEARL, Lander and 3 others like this.
  12. Uno

Uno

I've only just discovered Anthonio's "Annie" -- so good! It's always fun to hear two different songs on the same instrumental. The singers voice is so sexy.

iTunes music suggestions finally get it right.

kaushik likes this.
  13. He

He

Anthonio changed my life.

14. 18 years later, this still possesses an almost other-worldly & transcendental potency. The sheer ecstasy that hits just as those juddering elastic synths and baseline combine is still so unbelievable.

Zaacc, Lander, ItTakesAMuscle and 5 others like this.
  15. Runawaywithme, PEARL, Lander and 9 others like this.
  16. Well I'm aroused.

PEARL and Ferk like this.
  17. [​IMG]

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  18. He

He

Winter tour confirmed, then.

GazWilliams and P'NutButter like this.
  19. What's Going On future classic status pending.
    In which she abandons orphan Annie:

In which she is not a girl, not yet a woman in Japan:

PEARL, Mr Brightside and Noir like this.
  20. He

He

She's most excited about brown cheese in that interview, bless.

It is quite tasty, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.