Annoying Random Thoughts Random Thots Have | Page 1837 | The Popjustice Forum

Annoying Random Thoughts Random Thots Have

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 11, 2018.

1. What kind of Friday morning serendipity when this überbop suddenly appears back on Apple Music?

[​IMG]

We love to see it.

ohaimanabu, ddog, codecat and 12 others like this.
  2. Listening to LFO and it still makes me sad that two out of three members died so so young.

ohaimanabu and Andrew.L like this.
  3. how is this week not over yet

[​IMG]

Jwentz, Sam, stuaw and 2 others like this.
  4. P!nk's zygote during development:

superultra, joe_alouder, R92 and 13 others like this.
  5. stuaw and Holly Something like this.
  6. Because it's...

never really over.
    [​IMG]

stuaw, matthew., Overdose and 6 others like this.
  7. Potatoes cannot drown though.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  8. Come on, now.

9. I know my post was a bit blunt but in all seriousness how can someone genuinely be attracted to "intelligence" - what does intelligence even mean? How do you measure it? Is it people that are good at maths? People who can speak more than one language? People who can remember dates and events really well?

Someone isn't attractive to you until you find out their high school grades? What about emotional intelligence? And is intelligence the same thing in the Western world vs the rest of the world? And so on and so on. Intelligence isn't the same thing as, I dunno, red blood cell counts - it's not a tangible thing you can actually see and accurately measure and it means so many different things to different people in different cultures. One person's IQ score can't really be compared to another in the same way you can compare things like height, for example.

So yeah, a social construct dddd.

10. Thomas Cook is on the verge of collapse, my flight home with them is tomorrow...
    If they go bust do I
    A) go and live in the airport like Tom Hanks in The Terminal
    B) start a new life in the USA on the run from the law
    C) have Faith our government will have and quick a easy plan in place to get me home

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  11. When you're turned on by the social benefits coming from dating someone perceived as intelligent but too chicken to admit that.

[​IMG]

12. We're applying for a grant here at work and have to film a pitch video and my boss couldn't find a real patient to volunteer to give a 30 second blurb so I'm pretending to be a recovered patient.

Suddenly the scam is we.

[​IMG]

fancygreen, LP, joe_alouder and 24 others like this.
  13. Oh no, of course I think the whole ~sapiosexual~ thing is ridiculous.
    I don't think intelligence can really be quantified in numbers such as IQ (which is also bullshit) and I understand the point you're trying to make. Obviously it's not just academic intelligence that matters, but I think in our day to day western modern life, from context, we generally know what someone means when they are talking about intelligence.

Nn I'm actually the opposite of sapiosexual. I can't stand the thought of dating someone who people perceive as ~smarter~, more cultured, or even more good looking, than me. Yeah, pathetic, but it is what it is. Also, ""dumb"" (as in, simple, not refined, etc) guys are hot and tend to fuck better.

14. Well exactly - in the exact same way we understand what someone means when they say "man" or "woman" - but they're still social constructs, regardless. But I agree with everything else you said. No offence meant to anyone but the idea of labelling yourself "sapiosexual" comes across kinda patronising and I think (hope?) Mark Ronson was probably thinking it was more along the lines of, "I'm attracted to someone's personality first, not necessarily their appearance" which I think is fair.

15. Are you trying to get us yelled at on insta again

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    nikkysan likes this.
  16. My sexuality is being turned off by people who describe themselves as sapiosexual

I'm sapiosexualphobic.

What's wrong with us dumb bitches we need stimulating too!!

17. Ignorance is bliss anyway, so the smarties lost in the end. Sad!

superultra, LP, joe_alouder and 17 others like this.
  18. Someone brought homemade brownies into the office and I’ve literally eaten five oops

LP, Holly Something and andru like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.