Annoying things they do in TV shows | Page 51 | The Popjustice Forum

Annoying things they do in TV shows

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Deleted member 5343, Apr 20, 2015.

1. I have a friend who worked in TV who I guess has picked up this habit over the years and it is so annoying ddd. I'll be like, is the story over and we're doing talking or...?

phoenix123 and New Flame like this.
  2. Can't think of any examples right now, but when someone says a line of dialogue that by itself doesn't really make sense/comes off as unnatural/isn't something that character would say, and only serves as a way to set up another character's witty comeback.

Daniel_O likes this.
  3. So all of Tina Fey and Amy Sherman-Palladino’s writing.

Jamie, berserkboi and unnameable like this.
  4. I've grown massively allergic to the overblown thud of punches and kicks in fight scenes. Or like... somebody swinging a sword or knife and it still makes that metallic "ZING" noise. IT'S NOT COLLIDING WITH ANYTHING.

I really hope at some point they'll be considered as old and dated as sitcom laughing tracks.

New Flame likes this.
  5. AUDIBLE SHARPNESS!

Leopold, Lander, Burzum and 2 others like this.
  6. The “white saviour” trope: white main character (usually either a detective or a doctor, often British) moves to a country populated predominantly by POC, turns out to be highly gifted and magically solves all of the cases/cures all of the patients while all of the POC characters are mainly there to assist. It surprises me that there hasn’t been a bigger backlash with these things?

7. White saviour trope (and also the "magical negro" trope) tends to be commented more when it's a film that wins awards. My guess is that it's a trope so normalised into pop-culture that people don't even see it when it's on screen.

8. Someone arrives at a prison for visitation. They say hi, hug, sit down, utter about 4 sentences about the upcoming court date and a bell goes, a guard shouts: "Visitation is over!"

Lander, Mike, soratami and 5 others like this.
  9. Prisoner Cell Block H in every visiting scene! It'd wind me up so much - they just got there and spent 90 seconds together and their time is up!!!

Hudweiser, bonnieetclyde and Andrew like this.
  10. Bad Girls Realness

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.