Another Time Another Place UK Tour (Cancelled!) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Another Time Another Place UK Tour (Cancelled!)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by AcerBenII, Apr 10, 2014.

1. SBK

SBK

Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

Everyone is just tired of reforming bands and tours now. Overkill.

2. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

Also, The Big Reunion tour sold so well on the back of an amazing TV series. How well would that same tour sell if they just announced the names out of the blue? Not even half as well.

3. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

This makes no sense at all.

If All Saints are going to whore themselves on a crap tour like this then why not go the whole hog and do the TV show beforehand. I'm all for bands reforming and making as much money as they can but at least do it right.

Having always held thought themselves above most pop groups and often insisted 'It's all about the music man' this is the orst of both worlds. No crdibility and a complete flop.

Done properly an All Saints tour (Preferably alongside Eternal and The Honeyz in mis size venues) could be a real money spinner. This is embarassing.

4. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

An Eternal, All Saints and Honeyz joint tour would be AMAZING.

5. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

this is way too expensive, and way too big venues. I reckon if this was the same price, but at Apollo-sized venues it would do much better. This is going to be so embarrassing when no one goes.

6. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

It's very expensive but I caved and got tickets for the O2 gig because I really want to see All Saints and Atomic Kitten will be good as well. Not really fussed about the others. Least it's all seated so I can sit down when there's a boring act on lol. Plus All Saints are supposed to be headlining so they'll perform more songs right?

7. SYBT

SYBT Guest

This is beyond random, I mean they should have tried to find a couple of other girl bands to go with All saints and Atomic kitten and had a 'Girls night out' type tour.

8. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

Didn't even need to be girl groups. There are numerous female solo singers that would have fitted right in.

Sophie Ellis Bextor
    Gabrielle
    Beverley Knight
    Jamelia
    Shola Ama
    Natasha Bedingfield
    Michelle Gayle
    Sonique
    Ms Dynamite
    Rachel Stevens

9. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

Exactly. There just doesn't seem to be any sort of theme to the acts they've picked and they just took whoever were available. The East 17 inclusion would've been good if it had been with the original line-up but now it's just with some random tribute act.

To think the All Saints comeback that seemed sort-of promising has turned into this...

10. SYBT

SYBT Guest

I'm not sure why anyone thought All Saints comeback would be any bigger than any act from the Big Reunion. They already had one failed comeback which should tell people that a 2nd was surely only going to be nostalgia based.

11. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

I guess the randomness is because they've just put everyone from the 90s that are signed to Tony Denton Promotions (http://www.tdpromo.com/)

Most of the acts on the roster are from the 80s and I gather the 80s tours did quite well.

12. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

With "sort-of" promising I meant getting a single and a (flop) album out at the very least. Granted, All Saints and Backstreet Boys were a bit mis-matched too, but they got to do pretty much their entire singles discography there and they seemed well-recieved.

I at least expected more from them than a 90s/00s nostalgia tour with the oddest pop pairings I've seen in a long time. If they had to do this sort of stuff I at least thought they wouldn't be doing it with a bastardized version of East 17 and Let Loose.

13. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

I'm actually quite looking forward to Let Loose.

14. SYBT

SYBT Guest

Whilst I agree they could do something more organised and fitting nostalgia tour wise, I really think anything else is wishful thinking, much like everyone was with Eternal.

15. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

From that roster of acts, they could've put together a lineup that at least made a little bit more sense.

All Saints
    Atomic Kitten
    B*Witched
    Dannii Minogue (if she's not too busy promoting her latest fashion range/divorce)
    Honeyz
    Ultra Nate

Bill that 'Girls Night Out' or something (heck, even throw Eternal in if they were so close to playing it, as has been rumoured) and price it at £30 odd and it would've done alright.

The current lineup is just odd. I'm not sure who they're marketing it at. Let Loose and East 17 were mainly early 90s, All Saints were mid to late 90s and Atomic Kitten and Big Brovaz were early 2000s. As a 22-year-old, I'm too young to remember Let Loose and East 17. Do all of these bands really have a crossover audience?

16. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

It's probably aimed at 27-37 year olds. The acts' biggest hits were all between 1993 and 2003 so it's not too ridiculous, though Big Brovaz look slightly out of place.

17. SYBT

SYBT Guest

I think what makes it look bad is it is like part of East 17 and 1 from Ace of base, like they had to scrape the barrel and couldn't even get whole bands.

Which is what let The big reunion down this year, the solo stars into a band thing just made it look like they were desperate and couldn't get or find another band.

18. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

I might be murdered for saying this in the Church of Popjustice, but... I would prefer NuAoB before "Jenny Berggren of Ace of Base".

19. moorje

moorje Guest

I hate it when people are listed as 'artistes'. It's the kind of description they use on posters in pub toilets in Blackpool advertising the line-up of drag queens and Kelly Wilde.

20. Re: Another Time Another Place UK Tour (November 2014)

WHAT'S WRONG WITH KELLY WILDE?!?

Things better than BLANDrje:

[video=youtube;PmGHZS2ep2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmGHZS2ep2Q[/video]

Fabulous! When did ooldrje have that much hair? NEVER! Oh my! The audience won't just show any mercy!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.