Anyone having issues on mobile? | The Popjustice Forum

Anyone having issues on mobile?

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by evangelion, May 24, 2019.

1. I can't seem to access the forum on mobile anymore (since this morning) - the page partly loads but then stops, nothing can be clicked on, like there's an ad that maybe hasn't loaded properly over the page? Then it goes to an error message saying it failed to load due to multiple problems on the page. I'm on an iPhone XS Max, latest software. It works perfectly fine on desktop. Any ideas? I've cleared my cache, I've done s soft reset, turned it off and on again....

kal likes this.
  2. kal

kal

I started experiencing this today both on my iPhone and iPad. The forum works fine on my MacBook (Safari) so it’s definitely a mobile issue.

I just turned off JavaScript on my iPad and the forum works fine, so the problem is from some plugin or tracking script.

Hope this helps @Popjustice.

evangelion likes this.
  3. I'm glad it's not just me!

4. It seems to be working again now, so thanks for whatever sorted it!

kal likes this.
  5. kal

kal

Yeah it’s back to working for me too.

6. kal

kal

It’s happening again but only on my iPhone this time. iPad is unaffected.

7. I’ve had this problem intermittently as well!

8. This is happening to me now too.

9. I'm having the same problem now too, but not just on my mobile but also on my desktop.

Edit: If I put my phone's browser into private mode, it seems to work.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  10. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I had something weird yesterday with a warning message saying this may not be the official site and asking me to click on a link to continue. I closed all browser windows (iPhone) and it was fine again.

11. Glad I'm not the only one who is dealing with it on my phone and iPad. It won't fully load and I can't browse the forum. It still doesn't seem to be working for me though. I've tried: Safari and Chrome on both iPhone and iPad in both normal and private. No luck!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  12. Tried going to the forum on the Chrome app too on my phone and that doesn't work either. :thinking emoji:

Heretic likes this.
  13. Yeah, I can't get the forum to load on my phone at all since Wednesday or Thursday - it just freezes midway into loading. Have tried on Safari & Chrome, and same issue on both, regardless of whether or not I'm in 'private mode.'

On my laptop, I can only get it to work on Firefox after I wait for a 'A webpage is slowing down your browser' message and click the 'Stop it' button. I have to do that every time I click on a new page.

Someboy, iRyan, Heretic and 1 other person like this.
  14. I think there's an ad that's trying to run a script (probably a redirect) and causing the website to lockup--I had uBlock disabled on here to ~support the forrem~, once I re-enabled everything is fine.

@Popjustice

Remorque, Heretic and lushLuck like this.
  15. Oh uBlock fixed this. Bless you for that suggestion.

Remorque and Heretic like this.
  16. God I haven’t been able to access the site for five days from both my phone AND computer. It would load halfway and then freeze every time. It finally just started working.

Heretic likes this.
  17. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Finally. I was out of commission for days both on my laptop and my phone.

Beginner, Heretic and iRyan like this.
  18. I get nervous about starting new threads so I'm just going to post it here.
    IG posts aren't showing right for me. I can only see like a 5th of it and the rest is chopped off. Is that happening to anyone else?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.