Apple Music | The Popjustice Forum

Apple Music

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aidan, Jun 1, 2015.

1. There's also a rumour going round that the first 3 months will be free before they make you take out a subscription.

2. This is going to be very interesting, it's almost as if Tidal and its floppage have created the perfect opening for Apple to swoop in and do it properly. I would definitely take up a 3 month free trial to see how realistic is really is for me to stream rather than download.

3. I hope we get a new Kanye album from this, otherwise, I'll stick to Spotify for now.

4. I think Katy is going to be involved too, I have a strong hunch.

Jeffo likes this.
  5. Does anybody know if TIDAL has exclusive rights to any of the artists who are involved? Jay-Z, sure, but I imagine the labels will still control the catalogues of the others? I can't imagine Apple's service not hosting the likes of Taylor Swift, for example.

I'm excited to see what they bring to the table.

6. Isn't it a bit odd that Drake is involved. I expected him to be more Tidaltype-artist. Not that I really care. Just wondering.

For now, spotify is my world.

7. I've never had/used Spotify but I am totally ready to sign up to this if it isn't shit.

Jeffo likes this.
  8. Re: Apple Music (Apple's Streaming Serviced)

Drake pulled out of Tidal two days before it was launched.

9. Taylor's on other subscription-only streaming services (except 1989 i think)

Jay Z's on Spotify apparently (not sure if it's for everyone or only the premium subscribers) and on Deezer for subscribers only.

10. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

They may not be holding a press conference and signing a constitution, but again the emphasis on celebrity is misguided, especially for Apple.

11. Re: Apple Music (Apple's Streaming Serviced)

Owkay. Thanks for your response! He foresaw the disaster.

12. It makes complete sense for Apple to have a streaming/subscription service so I'll be interested to see how it goes and if the three months free thing is legitimate then I don't see any reason not to trial it. I don't think it will be much of a threat to Spotify, as people are set in their ways and like that service, but it will certainly provide healthy competition.

13. Rmx

Rmx

I don't get music streaming. What about my iPod? That's my main way of listening to music, and I only have it connected to the internet at home.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I will never buy a streaming service. I understand its purpose but nah, never.

15. "As long as it's someone younger than U2, we got 'em...."

16. I really wish they would stop with the celebrity endorsements and just focus on new/innovative/usable features. Or at least get all the phone companies to stop counting streaming data in the caps, because as long as that exists I won't be streaming.

17. I could never use a streaming service. I like owning my music and even if I was to just partially use them, I'm a tag freak and these streaming services would fuck with my Last.fm library.

18. I might give this a shot for the purposes of discovering new stuff and because of the convenience of having streaming somehow integrated into my iTunes / the iTunes Store. If the latter isn't on the table though... nope, bye.

19. The service hasn't been detailed or announced yet so it's a bit premature to say they have an "emphasis" on celebrity. Musician endoresements and exclusives for this are going to be critical considering how happy people generally are with the features and functionality of Spotify. Apple's primary advantage will be clout, Beats and popstars can accentuate that.

The only problem Apple's had with celebrity in the past resulted from a mismatch between the brand and the endorser. This rumored lineup though is pretty well rounded(Pharrell's solo success still feels a little one-hit-wondery so I don't think he's a perfect match but not bad either, and I would have replaced David Guetta with maybe Avicii or Disclosure for more cool cred but whatever).

20. Me too. I'd hate having wrong versions or wrong covers. And they don't always have that song that got to #68 in Switzerland in 1993 do they? I'll stick with my iPod for the foreseeable.

There are rumours that they are going to launch a new version of the iPod Touch with 128GB, if not next week, at some point this year. My 64GB is just not enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.