Apple Music | Page 109 | The Popjustice Forum

Apple Music

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aidan, Jun 1, 2015.

1. I understand that it’s the limitation of using Bluetooth, but they should have at least future-proofed their flagship product. You can still get lossless audio on your AirPod Max if you buy the lightning adapter cable. I always do that with my CDs converted into ALAC.

I have a feeling it’s a label limitation. I think it’s the same with Amazon Music HD. They’re probably greedy and won’t let them license their library for song sales at the same price.

Mr.Arroz and kal like this.
  2. kal

kal

Most likely something like this, but I reckon it’s more likely they want to enforce their crappy DRM policies on the lossless files and lock in even more people into the streaming platforms.

I, however, will die on my hill of not letting labels, conglomerates, and publishers be custodians of my music library.

spaceship likes this.
  3. I’m not sure if it’s available everywhere but you should try Qobuz. It’s DRM free but it’s a bit expensive.

Mr.Arroz and kal like this.
  4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

When I really like an album or single I try to get the lossless on Qobuz. They the biz.

spaceship likes this.
  5. I honestly wish if Apple bought Qobuz and not Beats. Their app is amazing and I love all the editorial content they have.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  6. jtm

jtm

Turns out this is even worse: If you delete a song from a playlist it now deletes it from the library as well. The sheer incompetence Apple has shown with this little side project is baffling.

Salami likes this.
  7. I rejoined Apple Music to check out the new Dolby Atmos and I feel like I'm gonna stay for the lossless. Fantastic quality.

8. I really wanna move to Apple Music now but I’ve invested so much in Spotify and spent hours making playlists

RMK likes this.
  9. am I the only one who thinks Dolby Atmos actually sounds worse?

Fanatical and clowezra like this.
  10. It’s a little bit hit or miss. After Hours by The Weeknd and the latest Taylor’s albums sounds amazing, but it’s true that there are songs that sound worse.

11. I listened to a few things with AirPods Pro (so it's the 'spatial audio' feature, I haven't listened on a proper multi-channel system) and some songs sound... interesting, others are just misses for me. Chromatica for example is all over the place?? The mixing seems a bit arbitrary and some bits sounds just like mistakes. 911 is cool though.

12. Everything that I’ve listened this morning with Dolby Atmos or Lossless sounds infinitely better. So much richer. The instrumentation pops in ways I never expected.

13. Uno

Uno

Agreed, everything sounds really great with the new update. There are bits to songs that I didn't even notice where there but now I hear perfectly. It's so crisp.

I'm just gonna need them to reinstate their audio crossfade ASAP.

spaceship likes this.
  14. I’ve always been a Spotify boy, but I think this might have converted me.

ItBeats, Lapras, RMK and 4 others like this.
  15. I mean. What are the best headphones to fully experience all this

spaceship likes this.
  16. It sounds amazing on my Airpods Max and I guess it's their flagship audio product and probably how they tested all of this.

Adora Day likes this.
  17. Enjoy your placebos.

18. I’ve got AirPods Pro do you think the max is considerably better?

19. They're too pricey to recommend, to be honest, especially if you have the Pros. I tried my boyfriend's Pros and it's still very close to the Max in terms of Spatial Audio. The audio quality is obviously better since it's bigger and has more power. Personally, if I owned the Pros, I wouldn't buy the Max unless I have disposable income on the side and want to gift myself.

20. kal

kal

As someone who owns both, this is spot on. I love the AirPods Max, but they’re definitely a bitsy overpriced.

Stopremix, Adora Day and spaceship like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.